Tmobile s6 official 5.1 released!

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I just updated to 5.1 and it feels like battery life last longer than before. Just want to share my experience.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I just updated to 5.1 and it feels like battery life last longer than before. Just want to share my experience.

Thanks. Hit us back with feedback after a couple of charging cycles.

Come on, AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
New 5.1.1 update for T-Mobile devices (COF8 - 7/27/15)

This update has been hitting both T-Mobile S6 and S6 edge since this morning. For people that haven't updated to 5.1.1 and were on 5.0.2 is of 635MB for the rest who updated last month to 5.1.1 is about 128MB or something like that.

No major changes or even a new feature (For people already on 5.1.1) but some are saying that the Memory leak has been fixed or at least it's better and some other say that is to fix the Wifi calling and VoLTE drain bug, anyways, if it is to fixed any of the above, it will be greatly welcome from everybody.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The truth is that it will take a few days to figure out if the battery is better. I doubt that anyone can tell this early that battery is better

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: New 5.1.1 update for T-Mobile devices (COF8 - 7/27/15)

No major changes or even a new feature (For people already on 5.1.1) but some are saying that the Memory leak has been fixed or at least it's better and some other say that is to fix the Wifi calling and VoLTE drain bug, anyways, if it is to fixed any of the above, it will be greatly welcome from everybody.

I hope you're right about the memory bug. Maybe that's why Verizon has been holding off on sending out 5.1, waiting for this version of the update.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Hit us back with feedback after a couple of charging cycles.

Come on, AT&T.

Yes, it definitely improved battery life for me. I would lose avg 10% per hour and now it's like 8% per hour. 2% doesn't seems to be much but it adds up.

XeRo133

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
My phone fails to install it for some reason just like the update before. I'm still stuck on 5.0.2, wonder if there's a way to force install it

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got the s6 and it still has v5.0.2 version coming from the s5 v5.1.1 (which has been a nightmare). When I updated the s5 to v5.1.1 I was experiencing severe lagging and the swiftkey was useless. I couldn't handle the lag any longer so I upgraged (I'm almost certain that was their evil plan...and I'm only half joking on that comment!). Anyhow, coming from that frustration I am wondering if anyone is experiencing any issues with the update? I am going to hold off for as long as I can but if anyone has any feedback that would be great to hear.