READ: Samsung Galaxy S6 Gets Mystery Software Update After Android 5.1.1 Lollipop: What Could It Be?

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
How did you get Kies working? All I get is a message to use almost featureless Smart Switch.

I didn't do anything at all. I previously used Kies with my note 3 and then when I upgraded to the s6 I had no idea that smart switch is the new software to use with the s6 so I just used kies and it worked. I only recently found out that you're supposed to use smartswitch but I haven't had the need to download it yet.

Posted via my shiny galaxy s6

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with waiting for At&t to push out their 5.1.1 update since it seems every carrier that has pushed it out had some kind of problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

xxxLesy

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Just got this update yesterday and it FIXES BATTERY DRAIN. Google play services no longer eat up to 20 % battery over night. It's now down to 1 % as it should have been.

It probably also includes the SwiftKey abuse fix that was announced a few weeks ago (can't confirm this since I replace the keyboard),

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Just got this update yesterday and it FIXES BATTERY DRAIN. Google play services no longer eat up to 20 % battery over night. It's now down to 1 % as it should have been.

It probably also includes the SwiftKey abuse fix that was announced a few weeks ago (can't confirm this since I replace the keyboard),

And it also fix the memory problem :)

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Im on the 3rd day of my update and i also experience worse battery life... i also wiped cache partition. Maybe ill try factory reset when i have the time this weekend.

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Buildnr
LMY47X-G920FXXU2POGJ
Baseband
G920FXXU2POGP

The background wallpaper doesn't move anymore. Even when you switch it on, it doesnt do anything.

mdarch

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I got this update yesterday. Battery seems worse, and now the option to click on Detail under the battery settings and choose to stop apps after a certain time is no longer working, it is greyed out

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439375246280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439375246280.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 16

satish_satz

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi mdarch,

The same story with mine too. The details button no longer works, wallpaper motion effect doesn't work and battery drains quicker too! Also, one more thing i noticed, the notification that you get once the charge reaches 100% with a beep sound and screen on doesn't work as well. Only the light turns green. Do you have this issue as well? i always thought updates are meant to give new features, not to take away whats already there :p