59 123
tools
    Don't expect good battery life?

Yeah right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    08-02-2015 08:25 AM
    Don't expect good battery life?

Yeah right.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...a8a52b0dfb.jpghttps://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...1608fe8f5c.jpg

This. I had 1D 18H with 4 hours of SOT earlier this week with 15% left.
    Wow, that is good. Any extra tips you can share?

dreaming of electric sheep
    Everything I have done is listed in my thread, All Things GS6

08-02-2015 08:54 AM
    This. I had 1D 18H with 4 hours of SOT earlier this week with 15% left.

Everything I have done is listed in my thread, All Things GS6

I have done everything in your thread and can't get that much life. Weekends at home are good but not at work.
    08-02-2015 09:35 AM
    I have done everything in your thread and can't get that much life. Weekends at home are good but not at work.
    And what carrier are you using?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2015 10:54 AM
    And what carrier are you using?

I am with AT&T.
    08-02-2015 11:28 AM
    I can't complain about the battery life, its better than my last phone (nexus 5) and the ones before it (Lumia 920/1020) so I'm good...get through a full day without any concerns, and I use it a lot as its my work phone as well.

08-02-2015 12:23 PM
    How is your service at work and are you connected to wifi there?

08-02-2015 01:29 PM
    I do not use wifi at work. Most of us don't. I will try it tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2015 04:41 PM
    I do not use wifi at work. Most of us don't. I will try it tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    How good is your service connection while at work? If it's poor, that could be a factor.

Also check all of your apps for sync'ing options. I don't use the FB app because it's a battery hog. I go through chrome browser. I don't get notifications, but that's not a big deal to me.

08-02-2015 05:02 PM
    How good is your service connection while at work? If it's poor, that could be a factor.

Also check all of your apps for sync'ing options. I don't use the FB app because it's a battery hog. I go through chrome browser. I don't get notifications, but that's not a big deal to me.

a user should not have to go through that much effort to get better battery life. I will go clean when 5.1.1 is released and just use the quick charger during the day if wifi at work doesn't help.
    08-02-2015 05:09 PM
    I too am tlred of my S6 overheating and battery draining. I've been using an iPhone 6 for the last couple of weeks because of my frustration. I'm back on it today because I miss Android but this S6 will be zippy then over heat out of no where get laggy and begin to drain battery. IPhone is always silky smooth, no lag and battery last way longer. I wish At&t will just release the 5.1 update that fixes a lot of these issues.

08-02-2015 06:30 PM
    with my first s6 & s6 edge was lousy on battery life/ lag and got rid of them. Then I got the s6 active battery life was way better, now I've added the S6 Duos G920F and surprisingly it is way better than the regular S6 & S6 edge as far as battery life is concerned and lag. All this on at&t and I'm good to go.
    08-02-2015 07:10 PM
    with my first s6 & s6 edge was lousy on battery life/ lag and got rid of them. Then I got the s6 active battery life was way better, now I've added the S6 Duos G920F and surprisingly it is way better than the regular S6 & S6 edge as far as battery life is concerned and lag. All this on at&t and I'm good to go.
    I don't think you should buy a whole new phone just to fix the problem. Dammit if the Nexus 6 wasn't so big I wouldn't have gotten an S6

08-02-2015 08:52 PM
    I don't think you should buy a whole new phone just to fix the problem. Dammit if the Nexus 6 wasn't so big I wouldn't have gotten an S6

No I brought the S6 Duos for the dual sim. I got the S6 active for work which I do outside in the elements.

08-02-2015 11:47 PM
    I love my s6 but the battery does suck. No lag here.
    08-03-2015 12:49 AM
    Nova launcher does not fix the lag. I've had my s6 since april and didn't have any more serious lag issues until the past couple of months. Now I have to reboot this thing more often than I'd like.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 09:19 AM
    a user should not have to go through that much effort to get better battery life. I will go clean when 5.1.1 is released and just use the quick charger during the day if wifi at work doesn't help.
    That is "effort"?

The simple fact that when on any phone service strength matters and will drain your battery fast when it's poor. The same can be said with apps that can constantly drain your battery (otherwise also known as rogue apps.)

A simple check to see just how good your service is when at work is not what I would call "effort", not when it only takes 3 seconds of your life to figure out.

As for Facebook. It has been well known for years that social media apps with constant updates or messages will drain your battery fast. While I feel that the app may need some improvements, it will never be conservative on battery life as you are asking it to do things that will always drain your battery.

AlphaTango414 likes this.
    08-03-2015 10:20 AM
    That is "effort"?

The simple fact that when on any phone service strength matters and will drain your battery fast when it's poor. The same can be said with apps that can constantly drain your battery (otherwise also known as rogue apps.)

A simple check to see just how good your service is when at work is not what I would call "effort", not when it only takes 3 seconds of your life to figure out.

As for Facebook. It has been well known for years that social media apps with constant updates or messages will drain your battery fast. While I feel that the app may need some improvements, it will never be conservative on battery life as you are asking it to do things that will always drain your battery.

I am on wifi at work now and have been since I got here. It is better. My comment about the effort was not directed and turning on wifi at work but the overall effort to tweak the phone and disable as much as I have had to in order improve battery life. I do not like to use wifi at work because they throttle network and lock it down.

I do like alot of things about the phone but battery life is a struggle. I will just use the quick charger during the day and not stress over it. Thanks for your suggestions.
    AlphaTango414 likes this.
    08-03-2015 11:39 AM
    I don't think people realize what they ask of phones these days. I understand why you would rather use mobile data over WiFi at work.

I do however think it is lazy if people are not willing to setup a device that's going to work for the in the best way possible. I'm sure the avg user has several things turned on that they don't use and probably don't realize it's turned on. I wished android made you go through all of the settings upon activation.

Plus there is also a few bugs known that affects all lollipop devices and not only the s6.

08-03-2015 12:03 PM
    I don't think people realize what they ask of phones these days. I understand why you would rather use mobile data over WiFi at work.

I do however think it is lazy if people are not willing to setup a device that's going to work for the in the best way possible. I'm sure the avg user has several things turned on that they don't use and probably don't realize it's turned on. I wished android made you go through all of the settings upon activation.

Plus there is also a few bugs known that affects all lollipop devices and not only the s6.

The wireless didn't make a huge difference by any stretch. Samsung should have added a larger battery which I think everyone agrees with. I also agree that some of it is Lollipop and Samsung is responsible to push it to the carriers who then send it to the users. Unfortunately we the users have spent a lot on the phone and we all expect solid performance. The quick charge makes it easier to deal with and I sit at a desk and will just plug it in during the day. It's not a major issue just irritating.

Thanks
    08-03-2015 12:20 PM
    I am on wifi at work now and have been since I got here. It is better. My comment about the effort was not directed and turning on wifi at work but the overall effort to tweak the phone and disable as much as I have had to in order improve battery life. I do not like to use wifi at work because they throttle network and lock it down.

I do like alot of things about the phone but battery life is a struggle. I will just use the quick charger during the day and not stress over it. Thanks for your suggestions.
    I totally agree and understand your frustration about tweaking or turning off features that you'll never use to get better battery life. But the flip of this is to then not buy a phone with such features such as a phone like the nexus 6. But then, even with a phone that has limited or no extra features, you would still likely have to tweak a setting or two if you want some extra battery life.

My point is that untweaked, my S6 gets 4 to 5 hours of SoT depending on how bright I need the screen to be. (again, that's with everything turned on max and even some things turned on that wasn't directly out of the box.)

Tweaked, I lose nothing or no features. But yet now I get 5.5 to over 6 hours of SoT. (again, mostly due to screen brightness and/or how much I'm using auto brightness)

Since I use my phones a lot, I use multiple wireless chargers to keep them topped up. Far better for me than the quick charger as my phone is now never below 50% at any moment of the day or night.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    08-03-2015 01:15 PM
    I totally agree and understand your frustration about tweaking or turning off features that you'll never use to get better battery life. But the flip of this is to then not buy a phone with such features such as a phone like the nexus 6. But then, even with a phone that has limited or no extra features, you would still likely have to tweak a setting or two if you want some extra battery life.

My point is that untweaked, my S6 gets 4 to 5 hours of SoT depending on how bright I need the screen to be. (again, that's with everything turned on max and even some things turned on that wasn't directly out of the box.)

Tweaked, I lose nothing or no features. But yet now I get 5.5 to over 6 hours of SoT. (again, mostly due to screen brightness and/or how much I'm using auto brightness)

Since I use my phones a lot, I use multiple wireless chargers to keep them topped up. Far better for me than the quick charger as my phone is now never below 50% at any moment of the day or night.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    My SOT is only aboout 3 hours 3 minutes or so.
    08-03-2015 02:10 PM
    Well I tested my theory on what ails the S6 and it turned out I was correct in my hypothesis. I brought an international S6 Duos SM-920FD dual sim version since I like dual sim phones and it was a night and day difference. My theory was that the carrier enhancements, apps, and bloatware modifications that are baked into the S6 with U.S. carriers is what makes the phones so bad. My clean international unlocked phone is not only faster on stock but the battery life is astoundingly better. This was just unreal being a dual sim phone and puts the carrier branded ones here in the U.S. to shame. Only my S6 Active has better battery life in the S6 family. Lollipop has some faults but the extra modifications made to satisfy these stupid carriers need to not become dumb pipes is indeed what makes the experience so bad with a carrier branded model.
    08-03-2015 02:13 PM
    My SOT is only aboout 3 hours 3 minutes or so.
    You either got a broken phone or your service is terrible in your area (or your screen brightness is at max all day). I'm on AT&T as well. Your numbers are not normal.

08-03-2015 02:19 PM
    Well I tested my theory on what ails the S6 and it turned out I was correct in my hypothesis. I brought an international S6 Duos SM-920FD dual sim version since I like dual sim phones and it was a night and day difference. My theory was that the carrier enhancements, apps, and bloatware modifications that are baked into the S6 with U.S. carriers is what makes the phones so bad. My clean international unlocked phone is not only faster on stock but the battery life is astoundingly better. This was just unreal being a dual sim phone and puts the carrier branded ones here in the U.S. to shame. Only my S6 Active has better battery life in the S6 family. Lollipop has some faults but the extra modifications made to satisfy these stupid carriers need to not become dumb pipes is indeed what makes the experience so bad with a carrier branded model.
    There are many reasons why poor battery life can happen when it comes to any phone. But you're right. Some carriers have destroyed battery life for their S6 such as T-Mobile and their wifi calling software.

In your case, you may have had a broken phone and not even noticed. But what ever the real reason that your last phone was garbage, I glad you're new one is working fine.

08-03-2015 02:26 PM
59 123