08-31-2015 10:11 PM
59 123
tools
    There are many reasons why poor battery life can happen when it comes to any phone. But you're right. Some carriers have destroyed battery life for their S6 such as T-Mobile and their wifi calling software.

In your case, you may have had a broken phone and not even noticed. But what ever the real reason that your last phone was garbage, I glad you're new one is working fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Might have been a bad phone twice from at&t and t-mobile. But I also think this need for them to tinker and have changes made to the phones just so they can be sold on their network is a design to make your phone run like crap in the long run so you will stay on their upgrade cycle IMO. The added carrier apps, the so called enhancements that degrade service, to needing the firmware customized for no other reason than to say they need to do it for the users experience to be enhanced. It makes perfect since if you think about it for a minute that somehow the updates come from Google not the best but decent. Then once it goes through that carrier certification and gets all this stuff added than it is a buggy phone damaging update.
    08-03-2015 02:33 PM
    You either got a broken phone or your service is terrible in your area (or your screen brightness is at max all day). I'm on AT&T as well. Your numbers are not normal.

I am around 102 dBm 38 asu at home and probably close to that at work. I am on AT&T. I don't think the phone is defective but it could be. I do work inside an office building and have tried the location with GPS on and off, seems better with GPS on. I am waiting for 5.1.1 and will go clean. I do text a lot and that could be a large factor also I can charge it fast enough. I may call AT&T support tomorrow and see what they say. I will not rule out a defective phone.
    08-03-2015 06:27 PM
    I am around 102 dBm 38 asu at home and probably close to that at work. I am on AT&T. I don't think the phone is defective but it could be. I do work inside an office building and have tried the location with GPS on and off, seems better with GPS on. I am waiting for 5.1.1 and will go clean. I do text a lot and that could be a large factor also I can charge it fast enough. I may call AT&T support tomorrow and see what they say. I will not rule out a defective phone.
    Location kills the battery. All settings and apps should have location turned off.

dreaming of electric sheep
    08-03-2015 06:44 PM
    Location kills the battery. All settings and apps should have location turned off.

As I said earlier in post I have tested both ways and it's better with the GPS on especially at work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 06:54 PM
    As I said earlier in post I have tested both ways and it's better with the GPS on especially at work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    While I leave Location turned on, I do have history turned off. As for my apps, I don't allow location to be used other than waze or maps.

I'm also not sure what you mean that with GPS turned on that your battery life is better. That makes no sense if your apps are using location services and battery life is better.

08-03-2015 07:54 PM
    While I leave Location turned on, I do have history turned off. As for my apps, I don't allow location to be used other than waze or maps.

I'm also not sure what you mean that with GPS turned on that your battery life is better. That makes no sense if your apps are using location services and battery life is better.

I have tried it with both wifi,mobile network and GPS and just wifi and mobile network and with the first battery seems a little better. Location history is off. I think part of it is my office building. I work in Uptown Charlotte and the window tinting. I had an HTC One M8 on Verizon and that got better battery life might have been Verizon vs AT&T in my work building. That is where I see a difference. Who knows
    08-03-2015 08:10 PM

No way I could turn location off.. Too much stuff relying on that one (for me) haha .
    08-03-2015 10:17 PM
    I have tried it with both wifi,mobile network and GPS and just wifi and mobile network and with the first battery seems a little better. Location history is off. I think part of it is my office building. I work in Uptown Charlotte and the window tinting. I had an HTC One M8 on Verizon and that got better battery life might have been Verizon vs AT&T in my work building. That is where I see a difference. Who knows
    It's more lollipop vs KitKat, as lollipop is horrible towards battery life. I also have an m8 and my S6 beats my m8 easy in battery life when both are on lollipop.
    (but it could also be your service like you said too.)

Posted via the zenfone 2
    08-03-2015 11:52 PM
    For some reason the "Always allowed scanning" option under WiFi setting is enabled. And I find it consume significant amount of the battery life. After turning that off the battery life seems get back to normal for me.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6
    Attached Thumbnails Love my S6 but not happy with battery or lag.-screenshot_2015-08-30-13-36-49.jpg   Love my S6 but not happy with battery or lag.-screenshot_2015-08-30-13-36-54.jpg   Love my S6 but not happy with battery or lag.-screenshot_2015-09-01-11-08-30.jpg  
    08-31-2015 10:11 PM
59 123