Charging very sporadic and switches from fast to non fast charging.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Only started to happen recently but when I have it plugged in via the fats charger provided it fluctuates between fast charging and non fast charging. Not only that, but when it goes into 'normal charging' it changed from taking an hour or so to 3 hours??! What is going on...

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Same thing with me. The only time mine fast charges is when the phone is powered off. I give up. This phone blows....so disappointed on so many levels.

Posted via the Android Central App

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
That's so strange. I don't know why it's happening. I haven't updated to 5.1 yet as I haven't been given the option so it isn't that.

I agree that some niggling factors are starting to rear their head consistently now, to the point it's hampering my enjoyment with the phone :/

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The S6 is still under warranty. If it doesn't work, bring both the phone and the charger back and ask for a replacement. And if the replacement doesn't work, do it again. Keep doing it until you get a phone and charger that work. (Samsung eats all the bad ones - maybe that's why its cellphone division's profits dropped so much in the last year.)

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
So how long does it take fully charge?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It varies. But one thing that is consistent is that it rarely fast charges. The company I got the phone through is notoriously hard to get in touch with. I'll attempt to get in contact with them over the weekend.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
The S6 is still under warranty. If it doesn't work, bring both the phone and the charger back and ask for a replacement. And if the replacement doesn't work, do it again. Keep doing it until you get a phone and charger that work. (Samsung eats all the bad ones - maybe that's why its cellphone division's profits dropped so much in the last year.)

I'm going to try. Pretty annoyed to be honest no idea why it's doing this.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the cable is not fully pressed into the wall wart- if you do not press it ALL the way, no gap from cable housing to adapter, it will charge slower than a normal charger will.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the cable is not fully pressed into the wall wart- if you do not press it ALL the way, no gap from cable housing to adapter, it will charge slower than a normal charger will.

First thing I thought to do. Took the plug out, fully back in again. Tried different sockets and ensured the cable is in at both ends. Thanks anyway

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This^ confirm that your cable is fully and firmly pressed into the charging block. If it's not, then there is your problem. If it is, and it's still fluctuating, contact Samsung. Unless where you got it from has a return policy and you are still within the policy window, don't bother trying to go through them. They will just tell you to contact Samsung directly for warranty work/exchange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that fast charging only works when the battery is mostly depleted. It switches over to slow charging once the battery reaches a certain point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that fast charging only works when the battery is mostly depleted. It switches over to slow charging once the battery reaches a certain point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It does slow down, yes, but it still says fast charging in the notification window.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC