I wasn't sure where to post this, but it is about Samsung.

Chinese consumers don't like bloatware, so a consumer protection commission files a lawsuit against Samsung and Oppo for undisclosed pre-installed apps.

Should this kind of reaction extend globally? At the very least, it might lead to users being able to install only the features they want or need.
    Attached Thumbnails Commission files lawsuit against Samsung for bloatware-1438336777564.jpg   Commission files lawsuit against Samsung for bloatware-1438336785468.jpg   Commission files lawsuit against Samsung for bloatware-1438336795448.jpg   Commission files lawsuit against Samsung for bloatware-1438336803748.jpg   Commission files lawsuit against Samsung for bloatware-1438336811468.jpg  

deeb215 likes this.
    07-31-2015 05:01 AM
    Carriers put all the Bloatware on the phone.
    Samsung don't put much on it.
    07-31-2015 07:05 PM
    Samsung would be better off following Apples lead and not allowing carriers to jack with their phones.

With the S6, some carriers decided to take away preinstalled programs that offered the users benefits, like AT&T ditching Microsoft's One Drive, and then the carriers add a ton of their own bloat. Also, the phones would be much better if Samsung were in charge of the Android updates, instead, the carriers have to take the update and add even more bloat to the update and then pass it on to the users a year or so after release.

Samsung should be strong enough to do this on their flagship phones.
    krazyatom, Raptor007 and clintw22 like this.
    08-01-2015 01:37 PM
    Yes, I hope someone sues Samsung AND the carriers. In China, the lawsuit resulted in users being allowed to remove the bloatware not just disable them like here in the US.
    08-01-2015 07:26 PM
    With the S6, some carriers decided to take away preinstalled programs that offered the users benefits, like AT&T ditching Microsoft's One Drive...
    Yeah, AT&T would sure prefer you use their locker service for storage. I just installed OneDrive when I originally brought my S6 home, and still got the (2-year) free 100GB storage perk originally advertised.
    08-01-2015 09:01 PM
    I'm in China, with Chinese version S6, and I only have the option to disable some of Samsung's apps. In fact, I can't even disable S Assistant, let alone uninstall it. S Assistant is full of 3rd party components.
    I can delete the data, but disable is always grey.

The phone is unlocked, so I guess the last update came from Samsung or a mirror.
    Attached Thumbnails Commission files lawsuit against Samsung for bloatware-1438480770730.jpg  
    08-01-2015 09:02 PM
    Samsung would be better off following Apples lead and not allowing carriers to jack with their phones.

With the S6, some carriers decided to take away preinstalled programs that offered the users benefits, like AT&T ditching Microsoft's One Drive, and then the carriers add a ton of their own bloat. Also, the phones would be much better if Samsung were in charge of the Android updates, instead, the carriers have to take the update and add even more bloat to the update and then pass it on to the users a year or so after release.

Samsung should be strong enough to do this on their flagship phones.
    I've mentioned this before, but as phones have been tampered with by a carrier before being sold (powered up and apps removed or installed by someone), how can they be sold as new? As soon as a device is reconfigured by someone other than the manufacturer, without it being offered as a custom installation, it is second-hand and should be sold as a used device.
    08-01-2015 09:09 PM
    Samsung said they put very little blistered on the phones.
    The carrier puts the bloat ware on it.
    And how they want the phone to opetate.
    They said they have no control over the carriers.
    EMAIL Samsung talk you them .
    Also email your carrier.
    And I wouldn't be supprised if the government don't gave their stuff on the phones.
    08-02-2015 08:16 AM
    Why do you guys think Samsung wants to move to Tizen? Android is Google's open-sourced OS. Unless Google locks Android down there is not much Samsung can do. Imagine their own Tizen OS where they control the hardware and software and can keep all their products up to date without carrier interference. They also will bring in revenue from the software side as well since they make hardly anything from Android.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    phantomcharlie309 likes this.
    08-02-2015 08:21 AM
    This should be a global standard and the US should get behind it. Customers buy their phones whether it be up front, on contract or on a payment plan but they own the hardware. They also have to pay monthly to use their device so the carriers are making enough profit and are now going the way of airlines by upping fee's and finding new fees to add on that they didn't before.

Bloatware sucks on Android as it does on iphones as well. Apple loads apps that people don't want or shouldn't be forced to have. Apple can easily make most of their forced add-ons a downloadable app through their walled garden store.
    08-02-2015 08:08 PM