Don't know if this has been posted or not. So here goes.

The Samsung S6 started my 2nd year with Samsung Phones. I was a Iphone user before.

Was in Best Buy today and asking the Samsung rep some questions about my phone.
    He answered them and said That by the end of the year that my Samsung Galaxy S6 would be getting a new operating system

I said my S5 came with Kit Kat. I upgraded it to Lollipop.
    My S6 came out with Lollipop and now not even a year later Samsung is coming out with another operating system ?

Is this normal , or what is going on.

He told me the name of the operating system but I forgot what he said.
    07-31-2015 06:48 PM
    Perfectly normal, it's Google's planned successor to Lollipop. Until an official name is released it's just being referred to as Android M. What we know as Lollipop was introduced in the same fashion last year as "Android L".

There's a whole category of news stories about it:
    Android M | Android Central
    07-31-2015 07:07 PM
    Wow !

Thank You very much for the help explaining it to me.
    07-31-2015 07:13 PM
    Wow !

Thank You very much for the help explaining it to me.
    The other question is what M will stand for. Moon Pie? Moonshine? Mars Bar? Mascarpone? M&M?
    08-01-2015 05:04 PM
    Don't know if this has been posted or not. So here goes.

The Samsung S6 started my 2nd year with Samsung Phones. I was a Iphone user before.

Was in Best Buy today and asking the Samsung rep some questions about my phone.
    He answered them and said That by the end of the year that my Samsung Galaxy S6 would be getting a new operating system

I said my S5 came with Kit Kat. I upgraded it to Lollipop.
    My S6 came out with Lollipop and now not even a year later Samsung is coming out with another operating system ?

Is this normal , or what is going on.

He told me the name of the operating system but I forgot what he said.
    It is more accurate to say that a new version of the same operating system - Android - is coming out. This is the same thing Apple does with the iPhone, with IOS 8 updating to IOS 9. Some updates are more traumatic, adding new functionality or revamping the look, while some are just patch releases that are just making incremental changes and fixing problems. So - no "new operating system" is coming out for the S6, just updates.
    ahaxton likes this.
    08-01-2015 06:43 PM
    It is more accurate to say that a new version of the same operating system - Android - is coming out. This is the same thing Apple does with the iPhone, with IOS 8 updating to IOS 9. Some updates are more traumatic, adding new functionality or revamping the look, while some are just patch releases that are just making incremental changes and fixing problems. So - no "new operating system" is coming out for the S6, just updates.
    It is a much needed update to Lollipop 5.1.1 and I believe will start with 5.2. Who knows what's in store with Android 6.0
    08-01-2015 08:22 PM
    The other question is what M will stand for. Moon Pie? Moonshine? Mars Bar? Mascarpone? M&M?
    With android naming them with candy type names probably be named M&M lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2015 02:31 AM

Macadamia? Mango? Maple Syrup? Melons? Milk Chocolate? Mountain Dew? Molasses?
    08-02-2015 07:09 AM

The M would seem to tilt more toward generic as I think, only having had a few Android devices, you had gingerbread, ice cream sandwich and jelly bean and lollipop. Could be time for a brand name though KitKat seemed the logical choice for K which could have Key Lime Pie.
    08-02-2015 08:20 AM
    Mooshroom. < that's what I'm going with. Lol

08-02-2015 08:28 AM
    The other question is what M will stand for.
    My money's on Marshmallow or Macaroon.
    08-02-2015 02:08 PM
    Mint?
    08-02-2015 03:42 PM