I considered the S6 but decided to wait for the Moto X and Nexus 2015 before making a decision. Since I need two phones (replacing S4 and Nexus 4) I'm gonna grab the Pure so glad I held out. I'm attracted to the bloat free, unbranded, reasonably priced, unlocked phones and despite not having all the bells and whistles, the front speakers, SD slot, and Moto Maker options won me over. I definitely would've liked to have seen a larger battery and a fingerprint scanner would've been nice, but for a $399 starting price tag I really can't complain.

That's not to say the S6 isn't an amazing device. If camera was more important to me, I'd consider it. Since I value UX more than anything else, and prefer stock (I don't root my phones cause of the warranty issue) I'm glad that I held out. Also, I keep my phone(s) 30-36 months, and even though Samsung toned down TW and I use Nova Prime, I just want something different.

Anybody have an S6/Edge and considering switching or just debating between the two?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2015 02:28 AM
    I find myself in that boat, I have the S6 - I'm either going to get the Moto X Style or Nexus 2015 Phablet version. I miss my Nexus 6, I miss stock Android, I miss a great battery and I miss the overall size. The S6 is a great device and the only reason I've kept mines is the camera, which is brilliant.

I'm torn between the Nexus and the Style though, I like Motorola's software, which is more or less stock Android, with a few tweaks and I love Moto Maker, but I can't stay away from stock Android lol.
    08-03-2015 07:26 AM
    When the Moto X came out last year I was really considering in getting it but Sprint decided not to carry the phone. I had the Note 3 and wanted a smaller phone. I've never tried Stock Android before as I find it still missing a few things that other OEMs already have had for sometime. But I think with Android M phones that are running the Stock Version or almost Stock Version of Android like the Moto X will be great phones in the coming years specially with the much lower price tag. I've learned that with Android if the phone is missing a feature you can literally just add it with an app. I've had my S6 for a about 3 months now and after seeing the new Moto X Style I'm really feeling that I might be able to finally try another version of Android that is not so heavily customized. But two things are keeping me away for now from the Moto X Style one is the fingerprint scanner not being present and two still haven't seen the camera in action. I really love the camera of the S6, but Samsung decided to avoid a feature I was really hoping for them to add to the S6 and that's the multiple account/user feature that the Moto X Style does have. I do like the fact that Motorola is going to be handling the software updates as well and that Sprint won't be able to add any of its bloat to my phone though. But perhaps the next Moto X will include the fingerprint scanner since Android M will include a system wide fingerprint feature so I think I might wait till next year.
    08-03-2015 07:41 AM
    Moto did a pretty good job on the 2015 X but like the G4 it doesn't compel me to switch out the S6. In some ways the software is tempting but the S6 has plenty of pros that I can't justify buying another device at the moment. Maybe if it was better in every way but so far only things that stand out for me are the price and cleaner software.
    08-03-2015 10:57 AM
    Moto did a pretty good job on the 2015 X but like the G4 it doesn't compel me to switch out the S6. In some ways the software is tempting but the S6 has plenty of pros that I can't justify buying another device at the moment. Maybe if it was better in every way but so far only things that stand out for me are the price and cleaner software.
    that's the exact same as me I like getting new phones though lol so will prob end up getting the Style.
    08-03-2015 11:00 AM
    Nope. I loved my 2013 Moto X but returned my 2014 edition. As a longtime nexus owner the stock android is too slow to evolve and I only keep one to flash update images. I mean is it too much to ask that the battery % be displayed? With all the limitations of stock android I hated bloatware even more. Samsung was slow to move off of the 16GB internal storage, so I left for a while. With my S6 having 64GB, I just disable the bloat and move on.
    I do not really need another big screen phone that does not offer multi windows etc. I have my Nexus 6 for that...

I have the S6 and S6 Active and use them based on my mood.

Things I love about my S6 include, size (not to big and not too small), Camera, Wireless charging. IR blaster, multi window (nice to have even if I do not use it much), fingerprint scanner for future app security sign in etc as it catches up with iphone in that area i.e. signing into amazon pr chase bank apps with touch ID, accessories, and not to mention wait a month or so and moto will reduce the price, much to the frustration of early adopters...
    08-03-2015 11:54 AM
    I am also interested in moto x 2015 but it seems like LG g4 is better buy. Moto x offers close to stock Android experience which I like but LG G4 is pretty good as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 01:27 PM
    I want to jump on something. Not a smartphone though. I'm thinking something in hose and heels maybe?

planoman and deeb215 like this.
    08-03-2015 05:52 PM
    I want to jump on something. Not a smartphone though. I'm thinking something in hose and heels maybe?

Wife is about to get home! No hose, too hot in Texas!

Posted via my Galaxy S6!
    08-03-2015 06:14 PM
    Wife is about to get home! No hose, too hot in Texas!

Posted via my Galaxy S6!
    I'm in Florida! How do you think my wife feels?!?!?! 100% humidity....yeah, I'd be dead.....
    planoman likes this.
    08-06-2015 04:10 AM