Why does the battery drain taking off charger?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out why the battery drains so much when taking it off the charger and prevent it from happening. When I took it off the charger it immediately jumped down to 98 and then within a minute jumped down to 95. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

Attachments

• 1438735935931.jpg
    1438735935931.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 66

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out why the battery drains so much when taking it off the charger and prevent it from happening. When I took it off the charger it immediately jumped down to 98 and then within a minute jumped down to 95. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

Its probably updating or syncing when you take it off the charger or if you switch airplane mode off it will also start syncing and you will get a battery hit.

dreaming of electric sheep

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I still have not figured out how to take my phone off the charger and have it say 100% 99.99% of the time when I take the phone off the charger it immediately says 98%

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I still have not figured out how to take my phone off the charger and have it say 100% 99.99% of the time when I take the phone off the charger it immediately says 98%

That's really odd. Mine usually says 100 for the first few minutes then drops to 99

Posted via my shiny galaxy s6

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I am genuinely seeking advice not smartass responses
I'm sure the guy was just joking with you so calm down. You certainly won't get many responses with an attitude like that. Anyway, have you tried rebooting into recovery and wiping cache, then allowing your battery to completly drain and charge to full with the screen off?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the guy was just joking with you so calm down. You certainly won't get many responses with an attitude like that. Anyway, have you tried rebooting into recovery and wiping cache, then allowing your battery to completly drain and charge to full with the screen off?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

It's not the first time they have joked towards me in a thread where I was seeking help and it gets annoying. It's not an "attitude". It's fed up of constantly being joked at by the same person in multiple threads.

Yes I have tried wiping the cache partition. Yesterday I drained my phone completely and charged it completely. Do I need to take it off the charger before I switch it back on?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Its probably updating or syncing when you take it off the charger or if you switch airplane mode off it will also start syncing and you will get a battery hit.

dreaming of electric sheep

That would make sense but it also does it when I charge the phone with it turned on too :/ Thanks for the advice though :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not the first time they have joked towards me in a thread where I was seeking help and it gets annoying. It's not an "attitude". It's fed up of constantly being joked at by the same person in multiple threads.

Yes I have tried wiping the cache partition. Yesterday I drained my phone completely and charged it completely. Do I need to take it off the charger before I switch it back on?

Don't take it personal. I do it to everyone. Besides, it's just to put a smile on your face and say "smartass".

But OK. I'll stop responding.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't take it personal. I do it to everyone. Besides, it's just to put a smile on your face and say "smartass".

But OK. I'll stop responding.

No its my fault. I have had one of the worst weeks of my life and everything at the moment is annoying me. I overreacted. For that I apologize

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No its my fault. I have had one of the worst weeks of my life and everything at the moment is annoying me. I overreacted. For that I apologize

But you also know that when I think (or know) I have an answer for you, I respond in kind and give you the best answer possible. But like I said, it's not personal. Please don't take it that way.

And yeah, I know the feeling of horrible weeks and how it can make you snap on a whim. It'll be OK though, you'll get through it.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
But you also know that when I think (or know) I have an answer for you, I respond in kind and give you the best answer possible. But like I said, it's not personal. Please don't take it that way.

And yeah, I know the feeling of horrible weeks and how it can make you snap on a whim. It'll be OK though, you'll get through it.

Trust me I know. Mostly I love your posts because I have the same kind of sarcastic sense of humour that you do. Everything is just getting to me at the moment. Even the smallest of things. And thank you so much for understanding. It's appreciated

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Trust me I know. Mostly I love your posts because I have the same kind of sarcastic sense of humour that you do. Everything is just getting to me at the moment. Even the smallest of things. And thank you so much for understanding. It's appreciated

No problem and your welcome!

Still not sure what your problem is. It's most likely just that your battery is out of calibration. Run it to 0%. Charge it. Then unplug and turn it on. Do this every once in a while....as doing it too much can damage your battery.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
No problem and your welcome!

Still not sure what your problem is. It's most likely just that your battery is out of calibration. Run it to 0%. Charge it. Then unplug and turn it on. Do this every once in a while....as doing it too much can damage your battery.

I was talking to someone else on a different thread and they are having the exact same issue as me. It goes to 98% as soon as I take it off the charger as though it never got to 100%. Then it drains to 96% within two minutes. After that it drains normally.

Tbh it's getting to a point now where I'm hoping for a more stable S7. And hoping Samsung learned their lesson and put a bigger battery in...

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to someone else on a different thread and they are having the exact same issue as me. It goes to 98% as soon as I take it off the charger as though it never got to 100%. Then it drains to 96% within two minutes. After that it drains normally.

Tbh it's getting to a point now where I'm hoping for a more stable S7. And hoping Samsung learned their lesson and put a bigger battery in...

I believe it was my thread, I was having the same issue. I thought it might have been an app I downloaded. Can't remember the name, but it was a Samsung app that stored grocery store reward card barcodes so you didn't have to carry all the physical cards. I deleted it, and did a soft reset. Seemed to fix the rapid drain on the battery. Able to take it off the charger and stay at 100% for a few

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm starting to think I have a faulty battery. I NEVER see 100% when I take it off the charger. It immediately reads 98 then immediately reads 96

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
The app I uninatalled was called beepngo, a Samsung app. I don't know if it was responsible, but it started happening right after it was installed.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
How do you put the phone into safe mode? I want to see if it does the same thing while coming off the charger in safe mode because that will tell me if it's an app or not