Hello guys,

I am going to buy galaxy s6. I am confused about s6 DUOS. I live in Russia and i see that in all markets S6 Duos cheaper than normal S6.

Galaxy S6 64 GB 616 Dollar

Galaxy S6 64 GB DUOS 680 Dollar

All features between this phones are same. I have never used a 2-Simcard phone. So, tell me please why DUOS cheaper.Which do i must choose?
    08-05-2015 04:45 AM
    The Duos is the same as the G920F, it doesn't come in other arrangements. That and the 2 SIM ports are the only differences I can see. Maybe keeping a stock of 10 different models makes the S6 cost them more, or maybe it's just some internal company decision.
    08-05-2015 04:09 PM
    Hello guys,

I am going to buy galaxy s6. I am confused about s6 DUOS. I live in Russia and i see that in all markets S6 Duos cheaper than normal S6.

Galaxy S6 64 GB 616 Dollar

Galaxy S6 64 GB DUOS 680 Dollar

All features between this phones are same. I have never used a 2-Simcard phone. So, tell me please why DUOS cheaper.Which do i must choose?
    I got the S6 Duos 920F and it is surprisingly better than my regular S6 was and helps alot when I travel. And yes suprisingly it was cheaper than the carrier branded regular S6 for some strange reason. My S6 duos for me has way better battery life than the regular carrier branded one I had from At&t here in the states. IMO your should just get the duo as it will get updates faster for sure and can be easily flash new firmware from alot of different regions.
    08-05-2015 08:15 PM
    I got rid of my S6 Edge after 3 months and got the Duos

Not only as you have noticed it seems discounted for no apparent reason (My wife's S5 Duos was the same) I have had far better battery life and less problems than the S6 edge with the added bonus of not having to carry two phones when travelling and I can have my foreign sim continuously active when at home

It's a win win IMO if available in your country, its a no brainer over the single sim variants even if you do not use the second sim
    08-07-2015 12:32 AM
    I got the S6 Duos 920F and it is surprisingly better than my regular S6 was and helps alot when I travel. And yes suprisingly it was cheaper than the carrier branded regular S6 for some strange reason. My S6 duos for me has way better battery life than the regular carrier branded one I had from At&t here in the states. IMO your should just get the duo as it will get updates faster for sure and can be easily flash new firmware from alot of different regions.
    I got rid of my S6 Edge after 3 months and got the Duos

Not only as you have noticed it seems discounted for no apparent reason (My wife's S5 Duos was the same) I have had far better battery life and less problems than the S6 edge with the added bonus of not having to carry two phones when travelling and I can have my foreign sim continuously active when at home

It's a win win IMO if available in your country, its a no brainer over the single sim variants even if you do not use the second sim
    wait, i dont understand how DUOS can have better battery life if it communicate with 2-Sim card.

and another question; DUOS's 2. sim card 4G or 2G only?
    08-07-2015 01:30 AM
    wait, i dont understand how DUOS can have better battery life if it communicate with 2-Sim card.

The Duos seems to have better battery life becuase it is just a regular unlocked model without all the carrier branded enhancements and app bloatware. Meaning it doesn't have the Firmware tweaks that U.S. carriers demand that make the phones run so terrible and the duos gets updates much faster as well. It is seen as just a regular S6-G920F by samsung.

It has dual standby and both can receive calls at the same time, but only one sim can utilize the 4G LTE at a time. You can mix and match which sim handles calls and which one handles data. You can set which one to use for phone calls and text on the fly inside the dialer and text messaging app. Basically you always have a choice of which sim to use for a phone call and which to text without having to restart the phone.

But only one can be the master of data, you can however switch that easily as well in the sim manager in settings without a restart as well. This is very useful for us that use 2 different providers and travel international as well.
    08-07-2015 09:37 AM
    Forget these. Go get the samsung instinct. Best fone EvEr!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-07-2015 10:23 AM

Both my S6 edge and my S6 Duos are international variants so I never had carrier bloat

The 2nd Sim is only 3G if you set your 1st sim as your main for data etc for 4G etc

The battery consumption for monitoring 3G is negligible I see a new 1% cell standby pop up on the battery usage as all the battery usage is on the main sim google/playstore/Samsung etc like any S6

Why there is a noticeable difference in battery consumption I can't say for sure, of course those going to a international version from a carrier variant may see more.

I can only guess that some of the leaks in the single sim S6 are plugged by the Duos sim software

Other than some colour choices and if you really want the edge I can see no downside to the S6 Duos over the single Sim S6 given that it seems discounted further has greater flexibility not only for travellers with foreign sims but for those who keep business and private sims or those that want additional privacy, security and cell coverage or maybe an old cell plan that's just to cheap to get rid of etc etc
    08-08-2015 01:31 AM