S6 Tempered glass screen protector

Peter Kershaw

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a glass screen protector that fits the Galaxy S6 please? I've tried 2 different makes now and both have not fitted correctly and have a band around the edge of the protector where it will not fit flush with the screen. I've seen a few reviews on Amazon that report the same issue. I've attached a picture to show the problem.

Many thanks,

Pete

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3829.jpg
    3829.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 80

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a glass screen protector that fits the Galaxy S6 please? I've tried 2 different makes now and both have not fitted correctly and have a band around the edge of the protector where it will not fit flush with the screen. I've seen a few reviews on Amazon that report the same issue. I've attached a picture to show the problem.

Many thanks,

Pete

You want something like this easily found on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WSRBWSC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00 or search for an edge to edge tempered glass screen protector. The halo is because the edge of the screen on the S6 is rounded just like the note 4 thats why you need an edge to edge one.

Peter Kershaw

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, it is the standard S6 that I have but like you say it does appear that the edge of the screen is slightly tapered which is causing this issue.

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
When I have got screen Ghost Armour screen protectors. They work well, stick and if they peal you can get them to reinstall it for around $5! The down side is if your want them to do it then you have to find one of their kiosks.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Every glass screen protector will have issues sticking edge to edge due to the slightly curved edges. The only ones that will lie totally flat will have large borders that are uncovered. You simply cannot adhere a straight glass surface to a curve one.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Every glass screen protector will have issues sticking edge to edge due to the slightly curved edges. The only ones that will lie totally flat will have large borders that are uncovered. You simply cannot adhere a straight glass surface to a curve one.

Agree! I have one by iCarez and although I knew the edges would be an issue I had assumed the tempered glass producers would take this into account when manufacturing these. After seeing the OP images I don't feel as bad about the iCarez as it is not all the way around the glass. I have the issue on one side and part of the other with my glass perfectly centered. I really like the tempered glass protectors and I think I'll give Zagg a looksee.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I don't have the problem with my bodyguardz glass screen protector

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel. I tried 6 (yes freaking 6) with the same results as you. And although it didn't affect the functionality of the phone, it drove me nuts whenever I looked at my phone. I did a lot of browsing on different forums and I saw good reviews about the iCarez one so I ordered on Amazon. I got it today actually and I've had no issues whatsoever. It fit perfectly on the screen with no "halo" issue. I'm attaching some pics.

Also it's my first time posting here so hi :)

Attachments

• 3834.jpg
    3834.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 3835.jpg
    3835.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 3836.jpg
    3836.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 80

carter79

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Tried a zagg but couldn't get it good.. 1 f'ing but of dust lol ruined it..
I'll go with out

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel. I tried 6 (yes freaking 6) with the same results as you. And although it didn't affect the functionality of the phone, it drove me nuts whenever I looked at my phone. I did a lot of browsing on different forums and I saw good reviews about the iCarez one so I ordered on Amazon. I got it today actually and I've had no issues whatsoever. It fit perfectly on the screen with no "halo" issue. I'm attaching some pics.

Also it's my first time posting here so hi :)

I have the iCarez and mine does not have a fit as close as yours does. Yours appears to go edge to edge but mine stops quite a bit short. I'll try to get some pics posted. I wonder if they have 2 different versions? This is the one I purchased: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B010H057F0

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Here is some pics of the glass protector I started a couple post above. Can't really tell it's there.

Attachments

• 646.jpg
    646.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 644.jpg
    644.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 71
  • 643.jpg
    643.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 71

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
that is very nice maj. i have never had a glass protector but this one looks good. are the holes for the top sensors aligned properly?
also the amazon link you posted on post #2 shows a protector that looks like the glass on the phone with the black top and bottom bands and everything. It that how it actually is?
cheers

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
that is very nice maj. i have never had a glass protector but this one looks good. are the holes for the top sensors aligned properly?
also the amazon link you posted on post #2 shows a protector that looks like the glass on the phone with the black top and bottom bands and everything. It that how it actually is?
cheers

yep the holes at the top align perfectly with all the sensors, ear piece, home button, capacitive buttons, and camera. The one in the link I posted is the exact one you see in the pictures on my phone that I posted.

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I ordered the slightly thinner one. It's odd though, because I've seen good reviews about both versions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca