Windows Phone to Android and S6

jholso

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have been a long time Windows mobile and Phone user dating back to Treo's. I have had a couple of Android phones in its early days way back when but it has been a long time.

It was time to upgrade my work device which is on Verizon where I have been using a HTC One M8 for Windows the last year or so, and with no MS flagship WP's expected to come to Verizon for the foreseeable future my dilemma was either go with an os that is pretty locked down (like WP) in IOS or go with an Android phone. After using the S6 in stores a few times I decided on that. My personal phone is on ATT and is currently a Lumia 1520 that will be upgraded to a new MS Lumia flagship when the time comes.

I'm looking for a little help with what I should look to download/remove from the start to get the most out of the phone. Also any glaring setting changes that should be done immediately. There are certain things I use everyday that I will of course continue to use, like MS Band, Spotify, Grove (Xbox)music, Here maps, Untapped, Instagram, Twitter, facebook, Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, Skype.

Unlike on WP where I knew all the best first and third party apps for the services I use, I do not know if there are better options out there (I'm sure there are) so any tips on better third party versions of the apps above would be helpful. Also I hear about people changing the launcher on different Android phones often, is there something people tend to recommend?

Thanks for the help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge