Galaxy S6 How to move email from trash

NE Girl

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Once in trash, there are no menu options to recover / move an email message in any way. Cannot move to another folder (i.e. In Box), Reply, or Forward as I could with my S6. Only menu options under More are Edit (then Add Star or Mark As Read), Sort By, Delete All, Settings (View as, Autofit, Notifications, Spam, Confirm deletions). Verizon store personnel couldn't find how to do it either. I use Earthlink email, but this was never a problem with previous phones. So frustrating!!! I can Bcc myself on ones I send to be sure I have a copy in case of Sent deletion, but no way to retrieve messages received and deleted.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Once in trash, there are no menu options to recover / move an email message in any way. Cannot move to another folder (i.e. In Box), Reply, or Forward as I could with my S6. Only menu options under More are Edit (then Add Star or Mark As Read), Sort By, Delete All, Settings (View as, Autofit, Notifications, Spam, Confirm deletions). Verizon store personnel couldn't find how to do it either. I use Earthlink email, but this was never a problem with previous phones. So frustrating!!! I can Bcc myself on ones I send to be sure I have a copy in case of Sent deletion, but no way to retrieve messages received and deleted.

Under More, there should be a Move option assuming you are looking at the stock email app.

NE Girl

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I have talked to 2 different Samsung techs and a couple at Verizon. They confirm what I said before -- that there are NO options for moving an email from the trash no matter where you check.
Highlighting a message shows "Reply", "Reply all", "Forward", "Delete" at the bottom of the screen, but the first three are grayed out. My S3 and my Tab4 email both have the option to move a deleted email to another folder (In Box). Soooooo frustrating! The tech I just spoke to said the S6 has a different email system (or whatever he called it) than my tablet or S3.
I cannot believe there's no way to ask Samsung to send a fix through on this issue. They send all kinds of other updates! GRRRRRRRR!

chilibit

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
You set the client up as IMAP as opposed to POP? I just browse to web version, ignore clients, and do whatever I please. I can be simplistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz