Hi there, I suddenly seem to have lost the ability to copy images off the net. I used to be able to simply hold the screen down and the then download them. Now nothing happens ...Any ideas?
    08-07-2015 03:52 PM
    Hi there, I suddenly seem to have lost the ability to copy images off the net. I used to be able to simply hold the screen down and the then download them. Now nothing happens ...Any ideas?
    Which browser are you using?

Is this happening on one particular website, or many?
    08-07-2015 04:00 PM
    I too have noticed this on my phone. What happened is this- when I used to click a picture under images on the internet (Google) it would go directly to that picture and allow me to make choices via the "hamburger menu" to the side. Now when I click images while searching for a particular photo it pops up the picture closer with the website underneath. To get to the picture you have to click the website first, it takes you to the picture, then you will be able to long press the picture and save copy... For some reason they decided an extra step was necessary. And this too just started for me recently, not sure exactly when but I know it was fairly recent that I had to start doing this extra step.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-08-2015 07:09 AM
    I could be wrong but I believe in can do it either the stock browser or chrome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    08-08-2015 09:34 AM
    Which app are you using, Google search app or Chrome? I think the option to save a picture by long press is lost when you use the Google search app. It's still working fine when using the browser.
    08-08-2015 10:13 AM
    This is unbelievable. I dumped iPhone because androids seem stable now and I use chrome and google maps a good deal so why not a google phone ? How on earth does chrome not integrate with the rest of the phone ?
    iPhone copy an image anywhere
    PC copy an image anywhere with clipboard
    Android has a clunky clip tray but cannot manage to copy images from one app to the next ???

Chrome fails
    "Browser" version 2.1.2 does this no problemo on the android

This is basic functionality - when does it get fixed ?

Overall exciting phone but some really bone headed stuff surprises me.
    08-30-2015 12:55 PM
    Hello RecentConvert, welcome to the forums! You can share pictures, or any link, from Chrome with no problem. Just open the page, tap on the overflow menu and select "share". I get three different pages of options in than side menu, similar to the one in the screenshot. Tell us if you have any problem with this process and we'll try to help you. But don't worry, that feature is easily available in any Android phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Copying pictures from the net-1441035675798.jpg   Copying pictures from the net-1441035707214.jpg  
    08-31-2015 10:40 AM
    The link is copy/pasted not the image. This is what the clip tray is doing via 'Copy Image'

I go back to the same conversation next week I cannot tell if I sent a photo of my house being constructed to a friend before or after deck was put on because there is no image there just text. It being a smartphone I expect it to paste the image just as it does when it is local from my photos, since the iPhone handles this seems reasonable the droid should as well or is this just an LG G4 problem ?
    09-09-2015 12:00 PM