Hi there,

I have a galaxy s6 SMG920F,

i rooted my device when i first purchased, I then decided i wanted to go back to stock so i could update software,

I downloaded a stock rom and proceeded to flash through Odin. v3.10 it got to the end and failed,

And now ii am stuck on a green screen that reads, An error has occurred while updating the software.
    Ue the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software.

I have doen this twicem and get this error message, Failed to update due to an error. DO you want to run emergency software recover?......You must enter the recovery code from another pc. Please remember the recovery code.

I can still get on download mode, but apart fro that nothing, Including recovery mode vol up home and power.

Please help , i hope i dont have a paperweight!

Thanks in advance
    08-08-2015 07:41 AM
    Hi there,

I have a galaxy s6 SMG920F,

i rooted my device when i first purchased, I then decided i wanted to go back to stock so i could update software,

I downloaded a stock rom and proceeded to flash through Odin. v3.10 it got to the end and failed,

And now ii am stuck on a green screen that reads, An error has occurred while updating the software.
    Ue the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software.

I have doen this twicem and get this error message, Failed to update due to an error. DO you want to run emergency software recover?......You must enter the recovery code from another pc. Please remember the recovery code.

I can still get on download mode, but apart fro that nothing, Including recovery mode vol up home and power.

Please help , i hope i dont have a paperweight!

Thanks in advance
    Did you download the correct Rom, meaning device model or firmware version? I'd try looking for that first, but at least if you can boot in download mode (odin) you still have hopes.

Look for the correct firmware version on Sammobile and/or XDA forums, I think latest Odin version is 3.10.6 and try again, Samsung made sure you can't downgrade after 5.1 update, or at least not as easy as before, but if you are sure you are using the correct firmware version for flashing, then check on XDA forums, there you'll find people that just dedicate their life to things like this, not as helpful sometimes and with a different attitude than here, but experts on that, if you are lucky somebody will give you a hand, if not, you'll need to dedicate very good amount of time to read thorough the threads.
    08-08-2015 08:13 AM
    I just had a similar issue. It turns out my battery was too low when I tried to flash it originally with Odin. I let my phone sit on the charger for 20 minutes, then reflashed with Odin, and it worked fine.
    11-09-2015 01:50 PM