send phone back

kittysback

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the mystery black dot on my selfie cam. Samsung customer service guy says it sounds like a bleeding screen that could get worse. They want me to send it back to get repaired... Free shipping both ways. So a few dumb questions... He told me to remove sim card tray. He said I can take it to the carrier and they will remove for me. So would I have to take it back to them to put back in?? How does that work on a phone with no removable back?? Then he told me how to back up my phone via a PC. Is that the best/easiest way? Then how do I reinstall it all back once I get the phone back??? Sorry I never had to do this before.

Posted via the Android Central App

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Assuming your S6 takes a sim card you can remove and replace your sim yourself like any other phone just by using the little key supplied with your phone, just insert it in the small hole on the top edge for S6 edge and on right hand side for std S6 and the sim card tray will pop out, remove sim and replace tray

You should back up your S6 to your PC using Smart switch app from Samsung, just DL and follow instructions etc, also use synch to your gmail/Samsung account from the phone settings

Factory reset the device from settings to erase all personal data and send the phone away to be repaired etc

When you receive it back insert sim restore your smart switch saved file, re synch accounts type in passwords etc for accounts and reorganise your apps icons

kittysback

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!! I did do some research and saw about smart switch and I did do that.... Transferred to another device. I will have to see if my phone has a sim card. Thanks!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000