I recently installed Nova Prime on my S6 and am loving it -- except the battery seems to be draining noticeably faster. In GSam Battery Monitor, Nova Launcher shows up as using anywhere from 0.7 - 2.5 % of the battery. While that's not a ridiculous amount, it seems too much for just a launcher. If the screen is off, the Nova battery usage goes down, but when I start using the phone, it seems to rise. Anyone else using Nova and if so what % of your battery is it using?
    08-09-2015 07:22 PM
    I've not noticed any difference with Nova. It doesn't show up on my battery usage.
    08-09-2015 07:41 PM
    Nova is showing 0.3% for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-09-2015 08:39 PM
    I recently installed Nova Prime on my S6 and am loving it -- except the battery seems to be draining noticeably faster. In GSam Battery Monitor, Nova Launcher shows up as using anywhere from 0.7 - 2.5 % of the battery. While that's not a ridiculous amount, it seems too much for just a launcher. If the screen is off, the Nova battery usage goes down, but when I start using the phone, it seems to rise. Anyone else using Nova and if so what % of your battery is it using?
    If you are using Tesla Unread plug in, turn it off and see if it helps, if it does, reset the plugin and don't use the Notification bar watcher option first and see if it still good, then turn it back on, that will help you find what's exactly causing the issue within Nova.
    08-09-2015 09:07 PM
    thing is i'm not using Tesla Unread
    08-11-2015 05:09 AM
    Those battery percentages seem quite high for Nova launcher. Usually it doesn't use more than 0.2-0.3%. Are you getting them every day? It could be normal if you're spending sometime changing your setup (applying icons and wallpapers, changing nova settings, etc). Do you use live wallpapers or any heavy widget?
    08-11-2015 05:46 AM
    I've been running Nova since the second week the device was released and I didn't notice any hit back then. Currently, Nova is at 0.2% according to GSam.
    08-11-2015 11:50 AM
    I just posted in another thread about my recent experience. I switched off the Notification Bar Watcher in Tesla and today I got 5 hours of SOT. I usually get between 3-4 hours SOT. I've never gotten anywhere close to 5 hours.

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    Attached Thumbnails Battery usage of Nova Launcher?-screenshot_2015-08-12-18-32-46.jpg   Battery usage of Nova Launcher?-screenshot_2015-08-12-18-32-42.jpg  
    08-13-2015 12:25 AM
    I have a at&t gs6 and the most sot I can get is 2.5-3 hours that's charging at 10%. My fiance has the edge and her battery is about the same. This battery usage is with NFC Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2015 08:58 AM
    I have a at&t gs6 and the most sot I can get is 2.5-3 hours that's charging at 10%. My fiance has the edge and her battery is about the same. This battery usage is with NFC Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yup, mine was usually just over 3 hours so I was shocked when I went over 5 hours. In my case, it seems turning off the Tesla thing has improved my battery life but that's just anecdotal evidence.

08-13-2015 02:50 PM
    Another day with 5 hours of SOT. Seems that Tesla app was really using 2 hours worth of SOT.

Attached Thumbnails Battery usage of Nova Launcher?-screenshot_2015-08-13-16-46-14.jpg   Battery usage of Nova Launcher?-screenshot_2015-08-13-16-46-04.jpg  
    08-14-2015 12:29 AM
    Another day with 5 hours of SOT. Seems that Tesla app was really using 2 hours worth of SOT.

what the hell is tesla and how do I disable it anything over the 3 hours SOT I get now would be amazing
    08-14-2015 10:43 AM
    what the hell is tesla and how do I disable it
    He's talking about the TeslaUnread app for Nova Launcher. If you're not using the paid version of Nova and haven't installed it, this won't apply to you.

(And personally I haven't noticed any drain from Nova or Tesla thus far.)
    08-14-2015 12:29 PM
    Hi,
    I have only installed Nova Prime and TeslaUnread in the last week on my Samsung S5 running Android 5.0 and I have noticed a bigger than normal drop off in battery. It wasn't exactly stellar before when I was lucky to get a day. I do listen to audiobooks, podcasts and music a lot so I was ok with this. However, the battery is now draining rapidly and on an 85% charge the stock battery app is saying I have less than 8 hours of usage left! This is ridiculous. It's a shame too as I have set up Nova beautifully with my home button as a camera shortcut and lots of gestures (I love the two finger twist gesture, brilliant idea). I have turned off the Notification Bar watcher in Tesla but as I speak the battery has dipped below 80%. App Optimisation is ON, I use Clean Master for Junk and RAM boosts and I think I'm pretty tidy on things like Wi-Fi and location services, both of which are off as I type. I have used Hola in the past and it was ok on the battery, and I am still using OmniSwipe which allows you to swipe up a control centre type thingy from the corners of the phone, but that was running ok before Nova was installed.

Any Ideas?
    01-08-2016 07:17 AM