This is my 4th S6 and a refurbished model. I noticed, mainly on the top two corners (on the front of the phone), that if I push even slightly on the glass, the glass goes below the frame and is obviously not attached to the frame. I never noticed this on my previous 3 S6 and I'm sure this isn't normal. I'm really not looking forward to getting a 5th S6, but I also don't think I should keep this phone with a floating screen. Anyone else experience this?
    08-10-2015 07:03 AM
    Not with the S6, but I don't hesitate to send back a replacement phone if there's something wrong with it. Then send back that replacement. And I'll keep going, at their expense (most of the return phones get junked for pennies) until they send me a working phone.

When it becomes cheaper for them to produce a good phone in the first place than to produce junk and replace the few that are complained about, they'll start producing good phones. They're counting on the fact that about 95% of the population (all over the world) is used to just accepting that nothing can be perfect, so even if you spend $700 for a phone and there's something wrong with it, you keep it and don't complain.

I complain. Every single time. (I'm on my 4th phone in less than 2 years. All 3 replaced under warranty or liability.)

(Your Franklin quote says it nicely. Don't be a sheep.)
    08-10-2015 07:50 AM
    Not with the S6, but I don't hesitate to send back a replacement phone if there's something wrong with it. Then send back that replacement. And I'll keep going, at their expense (most of the return phones get junked for pennies) until they send me a working phone.

When it becomes cheaper for them to produce a good phone in the first place than to produce junk and replace the few that are complained about, they'll start producing good phones. They're counting on the fact that about 95% of the population (all over the world) is used to just accepting that nothing can be perfect, so even if you spend $700 for a phone and there's something wrong with it, you keep it and don't complain.

I complain. Every single time. (I'm on my 4th phone in less than 2 years. All 3 replaced under warranty or liability.)

(Your Franklin quote says it nicely. Don't be a sheep.)
    Yeah I'm not going to just live with this issue. Something else I'm wondering is, will there be a point when they offer to move me to a different phone? I'd prefer to stick with the S6, if there was nothing wrong with it. I am getting tired of starting over again and again though.
    08-10-2015 09:02 AM
    I'm going to a Verizon store after work today to show them the frame and glass separation. I'm going to see if they'll give me a new phone, not ship me a refurbished, I'm tired of this.
    08-13-2015 02:48 PM
    It's official, my 5th S6 is on it's way, another refurbished. At first the person helping me acted like the frame and glass moving separately was normal. I laughed, then realized she was serious, and calmly explained it's not normal. Then they weren't going to do it, saying I had too many warranty claims and was out of warranty. As you can imagine that didn't make me happy and eventually the powers that be saw my side of it. I really hope this is the last time I have to deal with this, I can't be sure I'll be so calm next time.
    08-14-2015 07:56 AM