I have been going crazy trying to find a fix for this: My Samsung Galaxy S6 display keeps turning on and off. And I mean it lights up, then goes black....lights up...then goes black....all day, all night. My battery is draining at least 4-5 times a day. I've tried rebooting. I've tried starting in Safe Mode. Nothing works. And this problem started out of the blue. While the phone is being used....making a phone call, texting or using an app the screen doesn't do this. But if its just sitting there its turning on and off and draining my battery. Any takers on how I can fix this? Thank you for your time!
    Oh and its running Android 5.0.2
    08-10-2015 04:03 PM
    Any takers on how I can fix this?
    Just out of curiosity, is the ability to wake the phone by gesture enabled?

You can check via Settings> Accessibility> Dexterity and interaction> Gesture wake up

Or maybe Smart Stay? Just wondering if either of these may be causing unwanted behavior.
    wellbredthreds likes this.
    08-10-2015 04:52 PM

Thank you for replying. I checked and neither of these are enabled. I used to have Smart Stay enabled but turned that off shortly after I got the phone. I wouldn't have thought of that though. Thank you for the help
    08-10-2015 05:18 PM
    Mine started doing the same thing. Them three days later, it id a factory reset all on its own, while I was typing a text. I lost all my newborn's pictures, and everything else. It stopped for a few days, however, then started again last night. It's also bringing up the phones core temp, extremely high. 137 degrees f at one point. I have checked everything I know to check to no avail.
    Also, every other tome I unlock my phone, I have the web browser open to some spam site declaring virus, click here, or google play store opens for me to download some stupid game. Its not always the same game or developer though, so not sure. Seems like a virus of some sort.
    08-19-2015 04:30 AM
    Have you tried contacting Samsung? Their Live Chat support is pretty good. They could either help you fix the issue over the phone, or figure out if it's a problem with your unit.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2015 11:52 AM