I am highly considering the GS6 over the Lg G4 but everywhere I look people say the battery life is horrible and the anttenas are iffy. I would rather get the GS6 over the Lg G4 so I really want to know how has your battery life experience been with the GS6?
    (I would be switching to T-Mobile if that helps)

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2015 07:28 PM
    I'm kind of 'meh' about the battery. I have to charge my phone at least 2 times a day. My SOT is about 4-5 hours, with about 12 hours of battery life overall. So if you're a very heavy user, get the G4. But if you don't mind the constant battery chargin, get the S6, as the rest of the device performs excellent for me. ☺

08-10-2015 07:35 PM
    My experience has been this: camera is excellent. Battery life is horrible. I am plugging mine in at minimum twice a day and I have done everything I can to lengthen battery life. Reception is lousy. I had an S5 and never never had any problems.
    If I wasn't bound to this phone by Att next plan, I would get rid of it and go back to my S5.
    Until Samsung rectifies these problems, I will in the future, stay away from Samsung. I have been using this phone for 3 months and feel I've given this phone enough time to make this judgement. It does have its good points, but the two basic needs for my phone are simple: good reception and battery life.

08-10-2015 07:42 PM
    Thank you. Do u find the fast charging to work very well because you are charging it at least 2 times or do you rather regular or wireless?

08-10-2015 07:43 PM
    It takes an hour and a half to charge. I am not always near an electrical outlet. Not good.

08-10-2015 07:45 PM
    I average 3.5hrs SOT I have to charge it once during the day (the quick charge is amazing, takes 1 hour from about 25% to 100% ) So with one charge I get 7 hours SOT which gets me from 7am - 12am. Here's some other pros and cons for the S6.

S6 pros - unbelievable display, best camera, super quick charge, nice size, really great internal audio, zero lag, theme store, looks.

S6 cons - small battery / crap battery optimization, phone and WiFi antennas are not the best, RAM issue, camera hump, external speakers.

dreaming of electric sheep
    08-10-2015 11:27 PM
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I don't think the S6 has horrible battery life at all, at least not in my 4 months with the phone. I do think many people's expectations exceed what the S6 and other flagships are capable of delivering. Expecting to be staring at one of the best (or the best), richest displays currently available for eight to twelve hours without a recharge just isn't realistic. I've seen plenty of similar complaints about the G4's battery not living up to expectations, there are many such discussions here on AC.

Sure, usage patterns vary, and there are some certainly carrier-specific issues, along with plenty of examples of user error which can sap otherwise respectable longevity. I just find the persistent, broad-brush criticism excessive and unreasonable.

Haven't had any reception issues here, by the way (also on AT&T), and I pull great Wi-Fi speeds. (Screenie)
    08-11-2015 12:30 AM
    It almost seems like the luck of the draw with this device. A lot have issues and a lot don't. Currently I've been "on" for 15 hours with 4 hours SOT. I'm down to 35% on my battery meter.
    It is a rare day if I have to charge before bed.
    I do keep GPS off tho until needed and found this helped more than I thought it would..
    EDIT: Forgot to mention, my reception on verizon has been excellent and better than my 6+, very pleased with the RF of this phone.
    08-11-2015 12:30 AM
    It seems S6 reception is dependant on your area and carrier coverage.

dreaming of electric sheep
    08-11-2015 01:47 AM
    The battery is horrible for me. I have to charge 1-2 times a day. I recently got a zerolemon 3500 mah battery case and that allows me to get through a day without plugging into the wall

08-11-2015 02:27 AM
    My battery is dependent on my location. When I am home on wifi I can go all day on a charge with normal. At work in my office building it is worse due to the reception. I have the GPS on and power saving mode on. I will charge it at work towards the end of the day. I am with AT&T.
    08-11-2015 08:09 AM