I did a search but didn't find anything relevant. Is there any way to save sms and MMS messages before a factory reset? I usually use mybackup pro but wasn't wanting to use a backup program due to hearing your battery life may be better if you don't use any backup programs or sign into Google to download apps. Any suggestions?
    08-11-2015 02:24 PM
    MyBackup Pro will work fine. That's what I've used for many years. Or there's backup apps just for SMS/MMS. Just search the Play store for 'SMS backup' and take your pick. Don't know where you heard that stuff about battery life but it's just bogus noise.
    clintw22 likes this.
    08-11-2015 02:46 PM
    Hello there,

I don't know what phone you're using. If you have a Samsung, the newest phones works with Samsung switch. It works very easy. Just connect your phone with your computer and open switch. Then unlock your phone screen and a menu appear. Just hit the backup button and it starts. If you're on a older phone, use Samsung kies.

If you have another smartphone :every phone comes with his own backup software so go check online eventually if you find something.

If you can add a external SD card inside your phone, there are a few tools in Google store to simply backup software and sms, pics etc... to your external SD card. Hope this works for you!

Posted via the Android Central App
    clintw22 likes this.
    08-12-2015 01:17 AM