verizon released changelog for 5.1.1

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is great news. Should be any day then.

The big question is..... who will be doing fresh factory resets once the update is installed, versus just doing system cache wipes?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This is great news. Should be any day then.

The big question is..... who will be doing fresh factory resets once the update is installed, versus just doing system cache wipes?

I'm just going to try wiping cache first. I had to get a replacement GS6 after I had spent a month with my first one. I finally had it all just like I wanted it and then had to re-set it up when I got my replacement. I used to not care to go through the process back when I flashed a bunch of ROMS on previous devices, but I'm at the point where setting up a phone as new is a pain in the ****

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My update is available, but I'm going to wait a bit and see how it goes first. My S6 is currently working perfectly, hate to mess with that to soon;)

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Checked an hour ago and there was no pending update. Checked again just now and it's available and now downloading. Go Go Go VZW.... at least we beat AT&T out of the blocks. Hopefully with the extra time VZW took it avoided the mistakes that TMob made.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Downloading now.

post any problems after the update if you guys have any, I will do the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7816.jpg
    7816.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 158

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
man, the "Android is upgrading... Optimizing app # of #" is taking a long time! I've never see Android take this long to "optimize"

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Been playing around with it for 30 mins or so. I decided to just do a system cache wipe after it was installed (Versus a factory reset). All seems good; not really seeing any obvious differences.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Been playing around with it for 30 mins or so. I decided to just do a system cache wipe after it was installed (Versus a factory reset). All seems good; not really seeing any obvious differences.

Same here. We'll see how it goes. So far, running smoothly. I noticed in the change log there was the option to turn on/off parallax effect for homescreen wallpaper, but don't see that option on my phone.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. We'll see how it goes. So far, running smoothly. I noticed in the change log there was the option to turn on/off parallax effect for homescreen wallpaper, but don't see that option on my phone.

Me neither, I was looking for it too. If anyone finds it let us know

Same here 👍

cpfms

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that my Edge seems much faster and smoother after the update today.

The parallax option is under the Wallpaper section.