chucked the s6 for a Note 4 today!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile actually offered me $401 for my 16gb S6 so I traded it in on a Note for that was on sale for $549.

Camera is almost identical, and the phone is pretty fast and the speaker is a lot better than the S6. Plus I get a removable battery and SD option if I want. So far not a lot of lag with this like the S6.

IF the S7 and Note 6 are toys like these versions are where I can't remove the battery and no IR blaster I'll probably try another brand.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Glad you found something you enjoy. Although, I have zero lag on my S6. If I had spare money laying around I would possibly get the Note 4 to see what it's all about and how much of an upgrade it is from the Note 3. :)

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB
ZAGG Tempered Glass
AT&T

Tswfootball

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd never buy a Samsung phone pre-s6 for one reason alone : software.

I jumped on the s6 after Samsung themselves went out and acknowledged their problems with touchwiz and promised that it would be fixed.
So far I'm happy, it's not as laggy as I've heard the note 4 gets for instance..

But still there is the occasional jank.. Although nothing major.

I hope you like your note 4, but just as a warning: there's been plenty of reports of that phone slowing down. Just like most Samsung phones that were released before the s6.

In my experience the phones with most responsive software, are from phones from HTC and SONY. But I'm sure there are other brands as well such as Motorola

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I did the opposite, I had the note 4 and switched to the s6. The note was just too big in my pocket, great phone but too big. I am loving the s6

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'd never buy a Samsung phone pre-s6 for one reason alone : software.

I jumped on the s6 after Samsung themselves went out and acknowledged their problems with touchwiz and promised that it would be fixed.
So far I'm happy, it's not as laggy as I've heard the note 4 gets for instance..

But still there is the occasional jank.. Although nothing major.

I hope you like your note 4, but just as a warning: there's been plenty of reports of that phone slowing down. Just like most Samsung phones that were released before the s6.

In my experience the phones with most responsive software, are from phones from HTC and SONY. But I'm sure there are other brands as well such as Motorola

Posted via the Android Central App

Also HTC keeps their phones updated very quickly. I was impressed with that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So far so good! I've had my Note 4 off the charger since about 930 this morning and so far it has 53 percent battery life still. Granted I wasn't doing a ton of browsing today since I was in the car for a few hours but still far better than what my S6 would be at this time. If this were my s6 the charge would be in the higher 20 to lower 30 percent range right now most likely.
Right now I just have the commuter on it with no screen protector. I bought a Defender from Sams today but it is garbage! The case doesn't snap flush all the way and a monster gap between the screen protector and screen and the outer rubber is VERY flimsy and is sagging badly on the left side by the volume button. I'm returning it and buying the ZAGG glass for $30 and use the $20 and just order a Poetic Revolution case or a Spigen Tough armor off Amazon. Besides the case prices for Note 4 should be going down. The Poetic Revolution is a great case for cheap! Cross between a Defender and Commuter only the screen protector on the S6 version is high quality and fits snug to the screen and great response.

I must say without using a screen protector these phones have awesome display.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I looked at getting the note4 instead of the S6 but I had no desire for a big phone when I already have the 6+ and I also have no use for the S pen features

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I looked at getting the note4 instead of the S6 but I had no desire for a big phone when I already have the 6+ and I also have no use for the S pen features

My Note 4 with the commuter is large, but it's not that bad imo. The large screen is great.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I HATE the design of the new note5 that comes with the built in case. How exactly do they expect left handed people to use the phone with the case like that
Built in case?

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Enjoying my S6. Been using it off an on since launch, no lag or issues here. Battery life could be better but quick charging helps fix that!

Note has always been too big for my tastes. Love the new chrome color though.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech