Back in my early Android days I had an app that allowed you to set complex scripts to run based on certain events. Much of the functionality has been incorporated into the OS now, but there's one thing that I can't do - it's basically a secondary DND "lite." I want to set a schedule to silence the phone ringer only. For example, from 8-4 AM I don't want to hear my ringer, but I want to hear notifications and texts (actually, I don't want people on the other end of my various conference calls to hear my ringtone.) I already have DND set up at nighttime, so is there any way I can accomplish this either natively in the OS or with an app?
    08-14-2015 11:00 AM
    Back in my early Android days I had an app that allowed you to set complex scripts to run based on certain events. Much of the functionality has been incorporated into the OS now, but there's one thing that I can't do - it's basically a secondary DND "lite." I want to set a schedule to silence the phone ringer only. For example, from 8-4 AM I don't want to hear my ringer, but I want to hear notifications and texts (actually, I don't want people on the other end of my various conference calls to hear my ringtone.) I already have DND set up at nighttime, so is there any way I can accomplish this either natively in the OS or with an app?
    I'm using Sound Profile (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=Orion.Soft) from the Play Store. You can set different volumes for Ringtone and Notifications, and set up schedules to adapt to where you are and what you need. I have it set up so that I just hit a button (widget) labeled "Work" when I walk into my work building to have the sound profile I want when in the office. It'll even disable bootup/shutdown tones (basically mutes the "System" volume). There a lot of options too that I haven't played with. The app is kind of clunky but once you get the hang of it, you might be well on your way to having the sound profiles you want.
    08-14-2015 11:08 AM
    I have used Sound Manager 2 for a long time. I like it! Simple to set up schedules and works reliably.

EDIT: This app appears to be no longer available in the Play Store.

Guess I might try the app mentioned above if this one starts giving me problems
    08-14-2015 12:56 PM
    11-16-2016 02:25 AM