So I went ahead and finished paying off my iPhone yesterday and upgrades to a Galaxy s6. So far I'm really liking it, but I have some questions:

1. Did Samsung ever release a patch to fix the battery issues? I'm not liking that this phone seems to be draining quick.

2. Can I do wireless charging if my phone is in a case?

3. Is Samsung pretty good about updating there devices? I'd hate to not get updates anymore.

4. I'm using a otterboc commuter case, but is there other recommended cases?

5. Is there a way to tell if my camera sensor is the good sony one or the Samsung one?
    08-16-2015 09:19 AM
    1. Yes but I believe it depends on carrier if it is released to you

2. Yes

3. Yes but again depends on the carrier. Samsung does that update and sends out to the carriers to make tweaks for bloatware and such and then it released to us.

4. Otterbox is a well known case manufacturer. I really enjoy Spigen and Speck.

5. I am unsure of the answer to this question but I am sure someone will chime in.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Speck Candyshell
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-16-2015 09:23 AM
    1. Download and install AIDA64 from the Play Store. The all-time desktop favorite system info program is now mobile, and can reveal to you every minute detail about your phone's hardware components;

2. Go to the Devices section, and check the Camera ID string there;

3. If the device string begins with SLSI, you've got a Samsung package, whereas Sony's ISP version is depicted with SONY_IMX240 for obvious reasons. There you have it.
    08-16-2015 09:44 AM
    1. Download and install AIDA64 from the Play Store. The all-time desktop favorite system info program is now mobile, and can reveal to you every minute detail about your phone's hardware components;

2. Go to the Devices section, and check the Camera ID string there;

3. If the device string begins with SLSI, you've got a Samsung package, whereas Sony's ISP version is depicted with SONY_IMX240 for obvious reasons. There you have it.
    I am not seeing anything about camera string id? Mind posting a screen shot so I can find out as well?

Speck Candyshell
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-16-2015 09:57 AM
    Open Aida press devices its first one there josh
    08-16-2015 10:20 AM
    Soz dunno how to post a picture lol
    08-16-2015 10:24 AM
    So I went ahead and finished paying off my iPhone yesterday and upgrades to a Galaxy s6. So far I'm really liking it, but I have some questions:
    1. Did Samsung ever release a patch to fix the battery issues? I'm not liking that this phone seems to be draining quick.

There are a lot of tweaks and things you may do to optimize your battery life, ALL android phones come with most features on by default, Samsung and Google Services and apps that you may never use are all by default and using a lot of resources, Location History and reporting are On by default, pinging your device every couple of minutes and so on. So, take a look at my thread here , http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4610667, and see and use the options you think are better for you, doing any of those will definitely helps you with your battery life.

Depending on the case, too rugged or too thick will definitely affect the contact point to be able to charge. Best thing you can do is to ask about the specific one you want.

3. Is Samsung pretty good about updating there devices? I'd hate to not get updates anymore.

No, Samsung is not the best on updates, but they definitely are not the worst, sometimes they get it faster (like the recent 5.1.1 updates where basically they got it even before some Nexus and Motorola devices) and some times they take longer than expected. But definitely the problem here is the Carriers, most of them just take their precious time adding their stuff (mostly bloatware) to the firmware and then they begin their test phase and when they release it, a new version is almost ready to be released, simply unbelievable. AT&T hasn't even mentioned when 5.1.1 will be officially released and Verizon just updated their phones this week more than a month after T-mobile and Sprint released it.

There are already a couple of cases threads on this forums, do a search for them.

5. Is there a way to tell if my camera sensor is the good sony one or the Samsung one?

Open the phone and dial *#34971539#, BUT, there is no Good or bad sensors, both are great, they simply varies for obvious reasons, color reproduction varies a little between them and also low light pictures, but whichever you may get, will provide you the best pictures in any smartphone right now. Check this old thread to get more info. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...y-samsung.html
    08-16-2015 11:15 AM

There are a lot of tweaks and things you may do to optimize your battery life, ALL android phones come with most features on by default, Samsung and Google Services and apps that you may never use are all by default and using a lot of resources, Location History and reporting are On by default, pinging your device every couple of minutes and so on. So, take a look at my thread here , http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4610667, and see and use the options you think are better for you, doing any of those will definitely helps you with your battery life.

Depending on the case, too rugged or too thick will definitely affect the contact point to be able to charge. Best thing you can do is to ask about the specific one you want.

No, Samsung is not the best on updates, but they definitely are not the worst, sometimes they get it faster (like the recent 5.1.1 updates where basically they got it even before some Nexus and Motorola devices) and some times they take longer than expected. But definitely the problem here is the Carriers, most of them just take their precious time adding their stuff (mostly bloatware) to the firmware and then they begin their test phase and when they release it, a new version is almost ready to be released, simply unbelievable. AT&T hasn't even mentioned when 5.1.1 will be officially released and Verizon just updated their phones this week more than a month after T-mobile and Sprint released it.

There are already a couple of cases threads on this forums, do a search for them.

Open the phone and dial *#34971539#, BUT, there is no Good or bad sensors, both are great, they simply varies for obvious reasons, color reproduction varies a little between them and also low light pictures, but whichever you may get, will provide you the best pictures in any smartphone right now. Check this old thread to get more info. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...y-samsung.html
    Thanks for that code. I guess I have the Sony camera.

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    Attached Thumbnails Got a Galaxy s6, but have some questions-screenshot_2015-08-16-11-46-05.jpg  
    08-16-2015 01:47 PM
    Pretty cool. Thanks for this info. I have a Sony rear camera and a Samsung front camera. Lots of useful information in this app!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-16-2015 03:35 PM
    I have front and rear samsung

Speck Candyshell
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-16-2015 03:39 PM
    Looks like I have rear sony and front Samsung. I assume dialing that number dosent mess anything up?

And I'm wondering if a otterbox commuter would work with wireless charging?
    08-16-2015 03:54 PM
    Looks like I have rear sony and front Samsung. I assume dialing that number dosent mess anything up?

Look up your case on Amazon and check out the specs/details. It will say whether it is compatible with wireless charging.

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    08-16-2015 11:29 PM
    Also I notice my s6 isn't getting super good reception. Is there a known reception issue?
    08-17-2015 12:47 AM
    Also I notice my s6 isn't getting super good reception. Is there a known reception issue?
    Reception is pretty crap with the S6 unless I'm in a really good coverage area.

dreaming of electric sheep
    08-17-2015 01:16 AM

Yes. It will work with wireless charging. I use an otterbox defender with the choe wireless base and it charges like a charm. And fast too!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2015 04:48 AM
    Since I've gotten this oho e I've notice its just not super smooth most times. Chrome pages don't scroll smoothly, I have Google play services disconnecting, it keeps telling me that I'm connected on my WiFi network with a text notification, navigating the home screen is often laggy, and things like that. I thought this was suppose to be like the fastest abdroid phon I'm afraid if I return or exchange hange it for a g4 I'll have the same issues.

Anyone else having these issues?
    08-18-2015 12:12 PM
    Since I've gotten this oho e I've notice its just not super smooth most times. Chrome pages don't scroll smoothly, I have Google play services disconnecting, it keeps telling me that I'm connected on my WiFi network with a text notification, navigating the home screen is often laggy, and things like that. I thought this was suppose to be like the fastest abdroid phon I'm afraid if I return or exchange hange it for a g4 I'll have the same issues.

Anyone else having these issues?
    I have not had this issue! Have you disabled bloatware and all excess apps you do not use?

Mophie Juicepack
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-18-2015 10:53 PM
    I highly recommend you download Greenify. When you turn it on and press it it will close down the apps running in the background highly increasing the standby time of the phone. The other day I got 18 and 16 hours off the charger
    08-18-2015 11:03 PM
    OP got another phone - closing thread.
    08-20-2015 11:40 PM