How do I remove saved wifi from other locations on my Samsung Galaxy S6?

Karen Mulders

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Late response but better late than never as I just found out myself as there is no manager in the new touchwiz.

to reset ALL network connection (since no individual option is available).

1. Go to settings
2. Bakup and reset
3. Reset network settings
4. Follow on screen instructions.

Best of Luck

This does not give me the option to save the ones I do want / need...

Karen Mulders

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to remove saved wifi from other location on Samsung Galaxy S6

You must not be on VZ then. 'More' appears at the upper right of the Wi-Fi screen listing a few networks. Tap 'More' and a dropdown menu has 'Manage networks' as the second-to-last menu choice. Ipso facto e pluribus unum.

Ehm, no, it does not have a Manage networks option... It has:

Add network
WPS Push button
WPS PIN entry
Smart network switch
Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
Install network certificates

That's all... Other ideas?

George QD

May 7, 2013
Visit site

To at least see saved WiFi networks (S6 w/Marshmellow - does not have "Settings, WiFi-More, Saved Networks" or under "Advanced"):

• Settings
• Data Usage
• More
• Restrict Networks

... but will not allow "Forget" from there.

NumbGnat

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Ehm, no, it does not have a Manage networks option... It has:

Add network
WPS Push button
WPS PIN entry
Smart network switch
Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
Install network certificates

That's all... Other ideas?

You have the same version I do on Sprint.

Settings->Wi-Fi
(lists networks)

Long-press the connection and you have an option to Forget or Modify

Obewong

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Firstly, you have to make sure WiFi is on to be able see the list of saved networks.

Then, goto Settings->WiFi and now from there you can long press the specific network you wish to foget to get the context menu and press the 'Forget' option.

If you don't have WiFi on, it just has "Smart Network Switch" checkbox option and nothing else, which is a very deceiving and annoying piece of UX design IMO. :-

hp79

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Settings, wi-fi, more, manage networks, select network, then you can cancel, edit or forget it.

There is no such thing as "manage networks". That is the problem. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with 935U ROM by the way. All stock.

Also, the network manager app that people referred to requires root to delete a saved wifi connection.

Half of the people seem to not understand the problem here. I can't delete a saved wifi unless I'm near that AP. For example, I traveled and saved a wifi connection and will never visit there again.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

If you are on AT&T, they removed the ability to remove saved connection info unless you set up an old router and set the name to what you are trying to connect to.

I believe you can also do a network reset that will forget all saved Wifi information. Connection Settings, More connection settings, look at the bottom choice. Of course, you will need to reenter all connections you want to use.

toolworker

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The WiFi Manager third party app has an option to list Known Networks. Touching one brings up the option to forget it.

Unfortunately all you get under Nougat is a message that Android 6 only allows changes by the app that created the entry.

If the network is within range you can go to Settings / Connections / WiFi, touch a memorized network, and options come up including "Forget." But only if it's within range.

To forget "linksys", which my S7 insists on connecting to wherever it finds one, I took an old wifi router, configured it with the SSID "linksys", and was then able to see and forget it in Settings / Connections / WiFi.

It shouldn't be this hard.

Highfly37

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue on my S7 with stock Nougat.
I used a dark themes, after switching back to the default themes the Advanced Link is back again.

Lafinley

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Settings > Wi-fi > the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner next to Wi-Fi Direct > Advanced > Manage Networks.
I'm using a Galaxy Note 8, but hopefully it's the same on the other Samsung phones.