Just wondering if anyone has gone from the HTC M7 to the S6 and how the battery life has been and performance.

Thanks in advance!
    08-17-2015 11:06 AM
    I came from the M7, here's a quick run down.

S6 battery needs a lot of tweaks but once you get it right, it should last you between 3-5hrs SOT. Yesterday I got 3.5 hrs SOT and the phone lasted from 7am -12am. With heavy usage I will need to charge the phone at around 6pm, the fast charging takes just over 1hr for a full charge, it absolutely kills the M7 with the fast charger.

S6 performance is silky smooth, there are some basic things you need to know to keep it that way.

My main issues with the S6 are the following -

Touchwiz - I was a huge fan of sense so I couldn't stand TW, I use a theme to hide the ugliness and Nova Prime launcher for smoothness and functionality. I also replaced all the stock Samsung apps and Keyboard with alternatives.

RAM - there is a RAM leakage so if you have to many apps open those apps will reload when you multi task, it's annoying but I have already adapted to it.

Reception - the M7 had better reception, in good coverage the S6 is great but in not so great areas it will kick you off 4g down to 3g.

External speaker - I was spoiled by the boom speakers. The S6 speaker is crap in comparison.

Battery - it could have been like the S6 active with 3500ma battery.

Some other things, I think in general I much preferred the round metal back although the travel and clickiness of the buttons on the S6 is much better and the glass metal build quality is pretty good. The S6 needs some more care on the software side of things it's kind of like a wild horse it needs to be tamed, I never had to really worry about the M7 and software.

Im still nostalgic over the M7 but the S6 is far better. The screen is unbelievable, brilliant camera, super fast charging, really good internal audio, nfc and more.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

dreaming of electric sheep
    08-17-2015 12:25 PM
    I also switched from the HTC M7 to the Samsung S6 when they first came out and am very pleased with the switch. I did some slight tweaking and my battery life works well for me. I love the S6 camera over the M7's, and also the wireless charging.
    08-17-2015 12:50 PM
    Same here. I do miss Sense at times. I mainly switched for a better camera experience and have not been disappointed. I too have replaced almost all of the default Samsung apps, except for the calendar which I actually really like. I'm using Nova Prime and that takes care of some of the ugliness. With the S6 I feel I have to use a case because of the slippery glass back. I never used a case with the M7 because the aluminum made that thing feel like a tank.

Posted via the Android Central App
    dragneelpc likes this.
    08-17-2015 01:08 PM