Regret buying the s6?

Ray3613

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Anyone regret buying the s6 after release, now that it's price is way lower than earlier. ND note 5 and s6+ is out with better features like fast wireless charging and all that?

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Only regret I have is giving Samsung my money. I think the S6 is a brilliant device, but Samsung's decision not to sell the note 5 to Europe has annoyed me. So the S6 will be my last Samsung product. Waiting patiently for the Nexus line to be released.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
No regret. Pay to play. If you are an early adopter, you will pay more, that's just how it goes. I got a great phone, and it has several advantages (to me) over the S5 that I had before that. Chances are, when the S7 is introduced, I will be in-line for that one as well.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
In a way I do. I just traded in my S6 for a Note 4 since the Note 4 price went down. The s6 had terrible battery life and audio along with lag. So far I like the Note 4 better. However if I get the money I might see what LG comes out with later this year or the IPhone 6s.

I should have kept my money and stayed with the S5 and waited to buy a Note 4 or 5 or LG.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Far from it. My edge was $699 at launch from Verizon and I got $100 credit for trading in a worthless phone, so $599. Still best in class screen and camera, and there isn't a better looking phone out there. 5.1.1 update, while belated, has been smooth and solved the minor memory/app reload issues I had. Battery could be better - gets me through a typical day (14hrs, 4hrs SOT), but that's on par with the other phones of its physical size (iP6, M9)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I still had my S6 I probably would be okay. It did what I wanted and the camera was great. I swapped from the S6 to a G4 to give it a go but now I believe I will be going to the Moto X Style.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If I still had my S6 I probably would be okay. It did what I wanted and the camera was great. I swapped from the S6 to a G4 to give it a go but now I believe I will be going to the Moto X Style.

I still have my S6 but have been tempted to try the G4. How'd that go? Like you, I'll likely get the X Style but have been curious about using the G4.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My S6 is currently in for repair due to it's new Antenna Tech working like CRAP over 4G where I am.
I miss my S4, the S6 is thus far an expensive paper weight. The S4 mini i have a loaner right now works better

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Not a single regret. Came from the S5 so the improvements are marginal IMHO but still I love the feel of the phone in the hand. My only complaint is the battery life but with charger at work and home, I don't see having major issues. Best thing about it is that it's on Tmo and not on the greedy Verizon.
When the S6 first came out, I said to myself that I would never get it because it had a small battery and no SD card. Now, the SD card is a non-issue and the battery can be managed so this little pesky thing grew on me... Hahah
The panda has spoken

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Not a single regret. Came from the S5 so the improvements are marginal IMHO but still I love the feel of the phone in the hand. My only complaint is the battery life but with charger at work and home, I don't see having major issues.

I felt that for me, there were significant improvements/advantages to the S6 over the S5. The wireless charging is built in, vs having to buy a thicker back plate on the S5. This means that the S6 is thinner overall. Also, the fingerprint sensor is much improved on the S6. The S6 is a bit faster than the S5. The battery life for me is about the same. Easily lasts me the whole day with light to moderate use.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone regret buying the s6 after release, now that it's price is way lower than earlier. ND note 5 and s6+ is out with better features like fast wireless charging and all that?

I regretted it so much I sold it and now use a 2014 LG G3.

Don't miss the lag, memory leak, 5 hour real use battery life, lack of removable battery, lack of expandable memory or the apple wannabe design.

Do miss the working fingerprint scanner, fantastic screen and the slightly better camera. That's it. Everything else is a wash compared with my 2014, year and half old device.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have no regrets. Yes, I miss the SD card and removable battery but I'll live with it for the phone itself. The removable battery is really a non-issue; I can either carry a backup battery or a 3000mAh battery pack.

My GS6 is in with Samsung for the camera buzz issue and I'm using my GS3 backup phone now. The GS6 is an amazing phone and I'm eagerly awaiting its return.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
No regrets at all. Its the price you pay for being the first to get the phone. I'm over 4 months into a 2 year contract plus I get 50% off line rental so its pretty cheap for me. Over the 2 years it will cost me £600 for the phone which is a bargain considering I'm on the highest data tariff ect.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I regretted it so much I sold it and now use a 2014 LG G3.

Don't miss the lag, memory leak, 5 hour real use battery life, lack of removable battery, lack of expandable memory or the apple wannabe design.

Do miss the working fingerprint scanner, fantastic screen and the slightly better camera. That's it. Everything else is a wash compared with my 2014, year and half old device.

The G4 looks nice. Tmobile slashed it's price too but I went with a Note 4. I figure wait one more year and see how LG does then the G5 I'll buy next year.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The G4 looks nice. Tmobile slashed it's price too but I went with a Note 4. I figure wait one more year and see how LG does then the G5 I'll buy next year.

The Note 4 and Note Edge, are probably the last Samsung devices I will consider using. Nice choice..

I am holding out for the LG G4 Pro, if it actually exist.. LoL If not, one of the two new Nexus phones have a great chance of receiving my next cell phone dollars.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have no regrets......

My GS6 is in with Samsung for the camera buzz issue and I'm using my GS3 backup phone now. The GS6 is an amazing phone and I'm eagerly awaiting its return.

I have never had to turn in a device for repair without having just a tad bit of regret.... Especially if I had to use a 3 1/2 year old phone instead of my new Super phone..... You're a better person than I.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Really like my S6 but for the premium price I expected better battery life, solid mobile reception and the ability to properly multitask without apps reloading. Still really enjoy using the S6 but I did expect a little more. Hopefully some software updates will fix these issues before I move on to the next greatest.

dreaming of electric sheep

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair