I just updated to Verizon's 5.1.1 this morning. While the jury is out on the battery issue (crossing fingers it is better), I have questions about Wifi and Bluetooth.

I only want to use my own home WiFi network. If I am not in range of my home network, I want it off. I personally think that is why the battery has issues but what do I know. 😀 Is there a way to do this?

Lastly, I only use Bluetooth in the car. Is there a way to keep Bluetooth off until it recognizes my car's Bluetooth system? Again, I think this doesn't help the battery life or so it seems to me. Any help is appreciated!
    08-18-2015 10:15 AM
    There are so many experts here but no replies. Assuming there is no way to do these things then. Does my wording make sense? Anyone?
    08-18-2015 09:05 PM
    There are so many experts here but no replies. Assuming there is no way to do these things then. Does my wording make sense? Anyone?
    I use Wifi Matic. During the learning process, it remembers the cell sites around a location where you connect to a Wifi. It keeps Wifi off unless/until you are within range of one of the cell sites surrounding your known Wifis. Works great, but don't let it run the learn process too long because the more sites it associates with a Wifi location, the more it will stay on. If you live/work/shop in a small town/area, then it may leave your Wifi on all the time, but that doesn't resemble most users.
    08-18-2015 09:13 PM
    Excellent! I'm downloading it now. Sounds exactly like what I want wifi to do. Thanks so much!
    08-18-2015 09:20 PM
    How do I stop the learn process you mentioned? I am at home on my wifi (the only one I want it to remember at the moment) and it is listed in the app.
    08-18-2015 09:24 PM
    How do I stop the learn process you mentioned? I am at home on my wifi (the only one I want it to remember at the moment) and it is listed in the app.
    Connect to your Wifi, go to the Wifi tab (second one), select your Wifi, and deselect "Add new locations" as soon as it has at least one site. My home Wifi has two sites near it.
    08-18-2015 09:31 PM
    Got it! Many thanks.
    08-18-2015 10:03 PM