GS6 vs Lg G4

Cooldrewf

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to choses between the GS6 and the Lg G4. So far I really like the GS6 but we are keeping these phones for about 3 years so my main concern is battery degradation on the GS6. But I would just get a new battery in the Lg G4. What are your thoughts about this?

Posted via the Android Central App

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
It all comes down to personal preference. I obviously have an S6 and absolutely LOVE it. That is not to say the G4 is bad. It is a sweet phone that is great! My advice would be to make a list of pros and cons for each device. Especially if you will be keeping it for 3 years.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Mophie Juicepack
ZAGG Tempered Glass

Cooldrewf

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah thanks. Would you advise to get a type of battery life case for the GS6 or is the battery life ok already.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah thanks. Would you advise to get a type of battery life case for the GS6 or is the battery life ok already.

I just got the Mophie today because I commute to my classes. I wake up at 5:45 am and drive 1 hour to class. Have class until 2 on MWF and until 4 on T Th. Then I work some days until 9:30 PM. Got the Mophie to help later in the afternoon/evening since I don't have time to charge it at a wall. Overall the battery is good for me. Others complain but it's all personal.

Mophie Juicepack
ZAGG Tempered Glass

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a lot of direct exposure to the LG G4, but I have used it in a Verizon store several times. Every time, I have been unimpressed, when compared with the S6. That's not to say it's a bad phone, I just don't like it more than the S6.

As far as battery, if you're a medium-high to heavy user, you'll want access to charging once a day, or a battery case as was mentioned. Personally the battery life is fine for me. Also I've read multiple times that you can have Samsung replace the battery for $45, so that might be an option for you down the road.

I'd use both side by side in a store, I usually walk away knowing which one I like better.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to choses between the GS6 and the Lg G4. So far I really like the GS6 but we are keeping these phones for about 3 years so my main concern is battery degradation on the GS6. But I would just get a new battery in the Lg G4. What are your thoughts about this?

I actually sold my S6 after 2 months of every day use. I am currently using an LG G3 and could not be happier. So a 2014, year and a half device is a better device FOR ME.

I could not handle the S6's lag, 5 hour real use battery life, or the Apple like design. In fact, outside of the Screen and fingerprint scanner, I don't miss anything else about the S6. I believe, once again, FOR ME, the S5 is a better device than the S6.

But, like always, the choice is really up to what is important to you. The convenience of throwing in a fresh battery and going from 0% to 100% in 5 seconds is important to me. As is using the 128 gb card full of movies, pictures and music I have.

My last opinion..... Having a 600 dollar super phone isn't worth squat if you have to "find a way to extend the battery life" or if you spend 80 dollars on a battery case that makes your sexy Galaxy look like an old Nextel device.

Good luck

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
both devices have average batteries, with the G4 being able to replace the battery, but honestly, I've never ran out of juice with my S6 - at best I've ran it down to about 20% remaining.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I actually sold my S6 after 2 months of every day use. I am currently using an LG G3 and could not be happier. So a 2014, year and a half device is a better device FOR ME.

I could not handle the S6's lag, 5 hour real use battery life, or the Apple like design. In fact, outside of the Screen and fingerprint scanner, I don't miss anything else about the S6. I believe, once again, FOR ME, the S5 is a better device than the S6.

But, like always, the choice is really up to what is important to you. The convenience of throwing in a fresh battery and going from 0% to 100% in 5 seconds is important to me. As is using the 128 gb card full of movies, pictures and music I have.

My last opinion..... Having a 600 dollar super phone isn't worth squat if you have to "find a way to extend the battery life" or if you spend 80 dollars on a battery case that makes your sexy Galaxy look like an old Nextel device.

Good luck

I guess you think iPhones are worthless to since people use battery cases. Come commute 1 hour to class Monday thru friday and then work until 9:30 PM. No wall charger so a battery case is the only viable option. Even your G3 wouldn't last all day.

Mophie Juicepack
ZAGG Tempered Glass

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Would you advise to get a type of battery life case for the GS6 or is the battery life ok already.

My results have been perfectly adequate for my use so far (example). If you're a heavy user that's going to regularly need more than five hours of screen-on time, and will not be near a power outlet during the day, you may wish to consider one. I personally prefer an external power bank to battery cases, and pack one while traveling. My Anker is good for multiple recharges and can top off two devices simultaneously.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I guess you think iPhones are worthless to since people use battery cases. Come commute 1 hour to class Monday thru friday and then work until 9:30 PM. No wall charger so a battery case is the only viable option. Even your G3 wouldn't last all day.

Mophie Juicepack
ZAGG Tempered Glass

Yes, my friend, my G3 would last all day. If one battery died, I would replace it with a full battery, kept in my wallet, in about 8 1/2 seconds. So one battery may not make it all day, but my phone sure would.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt