Since the last update (August 2015), whenever I type some letters letters (one, sometimes 2) from the beginning of the word disappear before I can finish typing the word. This causes autocomplete to think I'm typing a completely different word.

E.g., I tried to type "think" - the "t" disappeared by the time I had gotten to the "i"(despite it initially appearing initially), making the phone think that the word is starting with "h", and leading to issues when I press space (despite typing think perfectly, the phone autocorrected to the nearest matching word starting with H as "h" was now the beginning letter)

This has only been an issue since updating my phone this week. I thought it might have been the swipe function messing up, but turning that off, it's still causing me issues when I type normally.

Samsung Galaxy S6, android version 51.1. Updated on 18/8/15
    08-19-2015 01:11 AM
    Hi, Sometimes this happens for me when RAM is nearly full and Battery is almost nil. A restart fixed the issue for me.
    08-19-2015 03:59 AM
    I have had a similar issue and I think it has gone on before the update. I am hoping AT&T releases 5.1.1 soon and I can wipe the device and start fresh.
    08-19-2015 07:31 AM
    Since the last update (August 2015), whenever I type some letters letters (one, sometimes 2) from the beginning of the word disappear before I can finish typing the word. This causes autocomplete to think I'm typing a completely different word.

E.g., I tried to type "think" - the "t" disappeared by the time I had gotten to the "i"(despite it initially appearing initially), making the phone think that the word is starting with "h", and leading to issues when I press space (despite typing think perfectly, the phone autocorrected to the nearest matching word starting with H as "h" was now the beginning letter)

This has only been an issue since updating my phone this week. I thought it might have been the swipe function messing up, but turning that off, it's still causing me issues when I type normally.

Samsung Galaxy S6, android version 51.1. Updated on 18/8/15
    Have you tried downloading a third party keyboard like "Google Keyboard" or "swiftkey" I know it's not an ideal solution, but it could just be a temporary fix for you.
    08-19-2015 08:17 AM
    Yeah, I have downloaded google keyboard and it has acted as a temporary fix. The issue is that it's not solving the problem, only masking it.

To answer a previous suggestion - I have tried resets.
    08-19-2015 11:46 PM