Can someone please help me to learn how to transfer photos from my S6 to my PC
    This is a breeze on an iPhone. I"ve been searching the web for two hours without any success
    08-19-2015 03:50 AM
    Can someone please help me to learn how to transfer photos from my S6 to my PC
    This is a breeze on an iPhone. I"ve been searching the web for two hours without any success
    Hi Peter and welcome to Android Central. You can connect your phone to the PC and drag and drop the pictures that way? when you connect your phone to the PC allow the PC to install the relevant drivers, then a pop up should appear asking you to open the phones storage. The images you take on your S6 will be saved in a folder called DCIM. Hope this helps
    08-19-2015 04:23 AM
    That would be great if it happened, but when I connect to my Windows 10 PC using a USB cable nothing happens, no offer to install drivers or anything else. The phone doesn't show up in file explorer either.
    I really wish I'd bought the iPhone 6. Everything is much easier with iPhones.
    08-19-2015 05:44 AM
    That would be great if it happened, but when I connect to my Windows 10 PC using a USB cable nothing happens, no offer to install drivers or anything else. The phone doesn't show up in file explorer either.
    I really wish I'd bought the iPhone 6. Everything is much easier with iPhones.
    When you connect your phone, does anything pop up on the phone regarding the file explorer? I suspect it has something to do with Windows 10
    08-19-2015 05:49 AM
    It works fine on my PC with Windows 10. I just plug the phone in with a USB cable and the phone appears in the windows file explorer. And drag and drop. There are some things that are easier with iphones, but this is not one of them. Peter perhaps there is a hardware issue with your PC. Try using a different USB port on the PC. For example if you are using a USB port on the side, try using a port in the back of the PC.
    08-19-2015 08:53 AM
    Your cable is probably only a charging cable not a data cable.
    08-20-2015 06:20 AM
    When you connect your phone, does anything pop up on the phone regarding the file explorer? I suspect it has something to do with Windows 10
    No I'm running Windows 10 on my laptop and it recognizes my phone right away. Sounds more like the OP has a bad connection. Transferring data is much easier than with an iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    08-31-2015 06:25 AM