Asking again if someone would know...My samsung galaxy s6 found wifi without problems in Europe where i bought it from. In Cuba the devise does not find any wifi networks. Can I fix this somehow? I found an answer somewhere to switch from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz in my device. Does this work and if so how do i do this?

(There is wifi around, Iphone 6 finds wifi and connects without any problem.)
    08-19-2015 06:15 AM
    That's a weird problem, I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and don't have trouble with WiFi, never had since I got it back in April.

The switch from the 2.4 GHz to the 5 GHz is referring to the router channels. My guess is, you're trying to connect to free WiFi, that means you might not have access to the router.

If you go into WiFi settings, check the advance option, take a screenshot and post it, that'll help us better. If you can't post the screenshot, tell us what you see.

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge
    08-19-2015 06:28 AM
  3. Cosita Buena Photojournalism's Avatar
    No wifi appeares non what so ever, unfortunately can not send a screenshot. There is only one option that says network sertificate. Someone told me I should change EU to US, from somewhere but dont really know what that means exactly. Suppose that I should change the country code but dont know how to do that. Would really appriciate any advice you can give
    08-19-2015 12:40 PM
    I just got back from Cuba. I too had the same exact problem with my S6 Edge. During that time, I tried various methods/tricks to get it working but to no avail. I suspect, its either down to different channels being used in Cuba or Samsung blocking certain phones being used in Cuba. My S6 Edge worked fine at the airport in Europe before I left and as soon as I got back, it started working again. When you turn your wifi on in Cuba, it just says, its scanning but no WIFI gets picked up whilst my iPhone did pickup WIFI fine at hotels.
    Where did you buy your device?
    I did see someone with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and his device picked up WIFI fine :S
    All the places I went to, there was NO FREE WIFI. You have to purchase the WIFI cards from the Post Office or hotels, then you can use the login/password to connect.
    I found several other articles on Google that gives several examples of other Samsung users having the same issue in Cuba.
    12-07-2015 12:20 PM