I am reading of users getting 3.5 and 4 hours. Mine is 1 hr 31 min 55 sec currently. This is after the Verizon 5.1.1 update that I did yesterday morning. Terrible. I send a few texts, get on the Internet a few times, take a few pictures, briefly get on FB, maybe make a phone call and it doesn't last one day. I play a game, mostly in the evening, so I usually have to recharge to even be able to play. I cannot imagine anyone watching videos or playing music on this phone. How do I make this better? I had an S3 before this and this battery is right in line with how crappy that one had gotten. Sad! Thanks for any help.
    08-19-2015 08:27 PM
    Screen on Time is one way to measure battery life. However, battery life is subject to many factors which may or may not reduce your screen on time. If you check your phones battery usage check what uses the most power. Often, the brightness or apps that constantly refreshing notifications (vibrations use alot of power) are the cause of reduced screen on time. Especially considering that the Galaxy S6 is one of the brightest phones on the market.
    Indoors, I have my phone's brightness below 50% but outside I find that I need it at 90% to see.

EDIT: I also just remembered that I live in areas where my LTE coverage and reception is really poor and I find that changing my cell service to 3G because the reception is better helps alot of power. With that in mind, also try to turn off that google function where it scans wifi around you constantly.
    08-19-2015 08:36 PM
    I have the screen brightness on auto and I like haptic feedback but I will turn it off to see what happens. I also installed Wifi Matic yesterday so it only hooks me up with my home network. Didn't seem to make a difference so far. Thanks for helping!
    08-19-2015 09:00 PM
    I am reading of users getting 3.5 and 4 hours. Mine is 1 hr 31 min 55 sec currently. This is after the Verizon 5.1.1 update that I did yesterday morning. Terrible. I send a few texts, get on the Internet a few times, take a few pictures, briefly get on FB, maybe make a phone call and it doesn't last one day. I play a game, mostly in the evening, so I usually have to recharge to even be able to play. I cannot imagine anyone watching videos or playing music on this phone. How do I make this better? I had an S3 before this and this battery is right in line with how crappy that one had gotten. Sad! Thanks for any help.
    For longer battery life read this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=514137

dreaming of electric sheep
    TeeAnn likes this.
    08-19-2015 09:44 PM
    I really haven't had an issue. I take my phone off the charger at 5:30am. I am at 45% right now. Used it all day. Streamed music, emailed, text, called. I am still on 5.0.2. Had this phone for 2 months. I have made a few tweaks. I turned the GPS off and set my weather location. I turn it on to use maps if I need them or go on a trip. I turned shealth off. Never was accurate I didn't think anyway. I know what I walk each day or jog. I'm sorry everyone is having issues. This is the best phone I have had though.
    TeeAnn likes this.
    08-19-2015 10:01 PM
    Oh and I use NOVA, disabled weather daemon, weather doesn't show on lock screen but that doesn't matter much to me because it wasn't correct most of the time. As of right now screen has been on for about 20 min straight. Here are a couple of shots of the weather/clock app and my desktop. There is a free version of the app as well. Screen On Time (SOT)-uploadfromtaptalk1440069699904.jpgScreen On Time (SOT)-uploadfromtaptalk1440069715293.jpg
    TeeAnn likes this.
    08-20-2015 06:22 AM
    Screen on Time is one way to measure battery life. However, battery life is subject to many factors which may or may not reduce your screen on time. If you check your phones battery usage check what uses the most power. Often, the brightness or apps that constantly refreshing notifications (vibrations use alot of power) are the cause of reduced screen on time. Especially considering that the Galaxy S6 is one of the brightest phones on the market.
    Indoors, I have my phone's brightness below 50% but outside I find that I need it at 90% to see.

EDIT: I also just remembered that I live in areas where my LTE coverage and reception is really poor and I find that changing my cell service to 3G because the reception is better helps alot of power. With that in mind, also try to turn off that google function where it scans wifi around you constantly.
    I am also in an area with weak 4G signal but 3G signal of this device drains this battery like there is no tomorrow
    08-20-2015 07:38 AM