Phone reset on its own

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Walked in to see my phone on the last stage of rebooting, the vzw screen. This is the second time this has done this. Have not installed any new apps since the last update. Anyone else catch this or should I get on the phone with Verizon and get a new one on the way.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Walked in to see my phone on the last stage of rebooting, the vzw screen. This is the second time this has done this. Have not installed any new apps since the last update. Anyone else catch this or should I get on the phone with Verizon and get a new one on the way.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
There's a thread already started from several days ago on this very thing somewhere. Although there it was regarding a factory reset spontaneously happening. Did yours just reboot or also reset? If it were me I'd return it for a new one if it were possible. Refurbs make me nervous. Makes me wonder if there is a common denominator somewhere like an app that is on each phone causing it. If it's done it more than once it will probably do it again would be my thought. Verizon would probably suggest a factory reset anyway, so maybe try that first? that is, if that isn't already done.
I recall mine doing this a couple of times, but I was using it at the time.

Last edited:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
was just a reboot. past the 14 day mark so a refurb is what i will get. All my data is still there so I will hold off for now.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
How far past the 14 day window are you, a few days or a couple months? If its a really close time frame, go to the store and make a "strong" case they replace it. 14 day replacements to me are BS, they are supposed to be for buyer's remorse, not defective hardware.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
How far past the 14 day window are you, a few days or a couple months? If its a really close time frame, go to the store and make a "strong" case they replace it. 14 day replacements to me are BS, they are supposed to be for buyer's remorse, not defective hardware.
I am far from the 14 days. I had googled it and saw most with the same problem had a second party flash light app installed. I had a strobe light app installed so i have removed it and will see how this goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC