Android Security update/Encryption loop

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. The phone updated to 5.1.1 and after that the phone prompts to update security settings for email account. Then it will take you to a phone encryption screen and the encryption reboots the phone, but then keeps looping. I do have an exchange account and our company requires to have encryption on the phone. I just installed the Nine Exchange and it is working without any issues, but how can I fix the other way I access email?

FangoWolf

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me today 8/20/2015.
What worked for me
Delete your account (Exchange)
Go into settings -> lock screen and security -> screen lock type set it to none (I had a corporate device and was able to turn it off)
Readd your account (it will ask for a pin)
After email is working go back into security and reset it to what it was.

My best guess is everyone is using fingerprints now and the email client isn't ready to handle backup passwords instead of pins

coxwater

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. The phone updated to 5.1.1 and after that the phone prompts to update security settings for email account. Then it will take you to a phone encryption screen and the encryption reboots the phone, but then keeps looping. I do have an exchange account and our company requires to have encryption on the phone. I just installed the Nine Exchange and it is working without any issues, but how can I fix the other way I access email?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney