My S6 is maybe 6 weeks old and believe I already have a hardware problem. To top it off, I am not home, but 600 miles from home at the ICU with my youngest ... 14 days and counting. No car, have to try and find a way to Best Buy to hopefully get it switched out.

All of a sudden, during a call, the other party started loosing me, or couldn't hear me. It did this a couple of times, and now I believe the little mic is dead. It doesn't work using vote Google either. The ONLY way to talk on my phone is either on speakerphone, or use a Bluetooth device. I've tried powering it off, and then back on ... but nothing.

Should have stuck with my S4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2015 03:57 PM
    Sorry to read you're having issues, especially on what looks to be an already stressful situation

Wouldn't go as far as claiming that all S6's have the issue from this one, but I can totally understand how you feel. If it's a hardware problem, BestBuy should be able to replace it without a problem. You can even try calling them and seeing if they can send you the device and then you mail them your defective unit back.

Also, not sure if the Test Menu of the S6 includes the microphone, but it's worth a shot. On the Dialer, 'dial' this code and it should take you to the diagnostics menu.
    *#0*#
    08-20-2015 05:00 PM
    I am not home, but 600 miles from home at the ICU with my youngest
    Wishing that your son or daughter gets well soon.
    08-21-2015 09:38 AM
    My S6 is maybe 6 weeks old and believe I already have a hardware problem. To top it off, I am not home, but 600 miles from home at the ICU with my youngest ... 14 days and counting. No car, have to try and find a way to Best Buy to hopefully get it switched out.

All of a sudden, during a call, the other party started loosing me, or couldn't hear me. It did this a couple of times, and now I believe the little mic is dead. It doesn't work using vote Google either. The ONLY way to talk on my phone is either on speakerphone, or use a Bluetooth device. I've tried powering it off, and then back on ... but nothing.

Should have stuck with my S4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    1st and foremost, I pray all goes well with your youngest child.

2nd, Best Buy should be able to get you fixed up!

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Otterbox Symmetry - Black
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-21-2015 04:52 PM
    I pray all is well soon.

The caller on the other end not hearing you could be a reception issue
    08-21-2015 04:55 PM