So this just started today. I noticed that my S6 constantly has the "Searcing using GPS..." in the notifications. I'm with AT&T running 5.0.2 build LRX22G.G920AUCU2AOF4

when i click the notification i see my 4 most recent location requests. Google app, Google play services, HD Widgets and AT&T Uverse (no idea why that needs my location)

The U-verse app is the only one that says Battery usage: High, the rest are all low.

I've tried signing out of the U-verse app, and checked all the settings. I have no idea why it needs my location for anything or how its using it. I'd really like to keep the app, but it did just get updated this morning so i'm assuming that's whats causing the issue.

Anyone else having an issue with this?
    08-21-2015 10:37 AM
    Yup, it's a known common bug of the U-Verse app. For me it always happens after I use it on mobile data, and sometimes after using it on WiFi. If you force-stop the U-Verse app, you'll see the location icon go away.

It uses your location to auto-login if you're home.

I know it's a nuisance, but you can keep the app... just force close it when the GPS bug acts up.
    08-21-2015 10:50 AM
    Yup, it's a known common bug of the U-Verse app. For me it always happens after I use it on mobile data, and sometimes after using it on WiFi. If you force-stop the U-Verse app, you'll see the location icon go away.

It uses your location to auto-login if you're home.

I know it's a nuisance, but you can keep the app... just force close it when the GPS bug acts up.
    Ahhh ok great i didn't know it was a known bug. I did some searching and couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks! I just deleted it, but i'll re-download now
    08-21-2015 01:17 PM
    So far it hasn't killed my battery, but yeah, when it goes nuts with the Location Polling I just force stop it and voila!
    08-24-2015 12:15 PM