Galaxy S6 - Would you buy again?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to hear from those who own the phone if they are happy and would buy the device again. Me personally I don't know. I may have went with the g4 if I knew how bad the battery life and reception on this phone was, but I'm stuck with it now. Maybe I'll get used to it, I don't know. But I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: would you buy again?

I personally would never buy any phone 2x -- that is just me. I just can't spend money on a phone that I already spent money on to buy.

That said I didn't mind my S6. I only went to the G4 out of curiosity. I didn't hate my S6 or anything like that.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Had to send my S6 in recently for repair and use my spare G3. Based on that experience while its a very good phone, I have grown to love the design and functionality of the S6. If hypothetically my S6 disappeared and I needed a new phone, it would definitely be on my list although I am curious to see the moto play.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

I personally would never buy any phone 2x -- that is just me. I just can't spend money on a phone that I already spent money on to buy.

That said I didn't mind my S6. I only went to the G4 out of curiosity. I didn't hate my S6 or anything like that.

I went back to the s6 because I didn't really like the size of the g4 that much. I mean, thinking back on it maybe I liked it more than the s6 on the whole. Guess I made a mistake. Unfortunately I doubt I can do another return.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes I would. Better than any other phone I have used. The size is perfect for me and it runs smooth as a butter knife going through melted butter. I have absolutely ZERO lag.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Otterbox Symmetry - Black
ZAGG Tempered Glass

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably going to give this phone a week and see if the battery stabilizes. Like I said, like everything else about it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Although I love the S6 as it has been working perfectly, I agree with the above quote. To put out the same $$$ I'd rather try something different.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would purchase the Samsung S6 again. I've had no issues with it, and I think it's still the best Android phone in the market.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I would not if I could do it again for 2 reasons.
1. I have to charge it a couple of times throughout the day. If your a power user you will need to charge it by 2/3 pm...and keep a cord in the car.
2. This one is personal but I prefer a 5.5 screen or greater.

I am considering the note 5 based on reviews from those switching from the s6. Most are claiming they make it through the day (like Phil).

LSXGMC

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I guess I'm on the 6 week "wait and see" plan. Sent my <2 month old phone in for repair yesterday due to some pretty significant coverage issues. If it comes back and works, then absolutely, I'd buy again. I really liked my S4 and to me the S6 seems like a faster version. If it comes back and has the same issues, then I'd have to assume that the reception issues relate to a poor antenna/design. Would probably be enough for me to not consider Samsung again.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did I make a bad choice getting the s6 though. Guess it dosent matter since I can't return it

If I were looking to upgrade, I would choose the GS6. Had mine since launch day in the US. It is just as smooth and fast as the day I got it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did I make a bad choice getting the s6 though. Guess it dosent matter since I can't return it

That is for you to call. As I have said in the past to you -- you have to choose the device that works for you. When choosing a phone I simply weigh what each one has and go with the best options. Would I like the best from both worlds? Of course.. who wouldn't? Sadly we can't have it all so you have to just choose the one that fits your needs best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2