09-28-2015 02:27 PM
64 123
tools
    If I knew what I know now. I would not buy it. I would wait till the new Nexus or bought an unlocked phone. Too much jank and bad body life

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2015 06:47 PM
    Eh, its a moot point since I can't exchange it anymore. Really hope things improve

08-22-2015 07:02 PM
    What annoys me about the S6 is the very second I take it off the charger it reads 98%. I almost never have the phone read 100%
    craigrn16 likes this.
    08-22-2015 07:57 PM
    What annoys me about the S6 is the very second I take it off the charger it reads 98%. I almost never have the phone read 100%
    Would you rather it lie?
    08-22-2015 09:10 PM
    Do you remove it from the charger as soon as it signals that charging completed? If so, then it should be at 100%. If not - for instance if you leave it on the charger overnight and it completes in the middle of the night hours before you unplug it - then it is behaving as it should. When the charging circuit detects a battery voltage that indicates full charge, it stops charging and the things you have running on your phone start running the battery down. If it drops below some threshold, the charging circuit will again activate and take it back up to 100%. Depending on when you take it off the charger, you may see it only in the high 90's.
    08-22-2015 10:10 PM
    I've been extremely happy with my S6, it's quite fast and has a fantastic display & camera. My only complaints have been carrier app modifications/deletion and having to manage their bloatware (but otherwise I've been quite pleased with AT&T's coverage and customer service).

Knowing what I do now, if it were launch day I would buy the S6 all over again. If I had waited until now to make a purchase I'd be tempted by the Note 5 for the larger screen.
    08-22-2015 11:36 PM
    Do you remove it from the charger as soon as it signals that charging completed? If so, then it should be at 100%. If not - for instance if you leave it on the charger overnight and it completes in the middle of the night hours before you unplug it - then it is behaving as it should. When the charging circuit detects a battery voltage that indicates full charge, it stops charging and the things you have running on your phone start running the battery down. If it drops below some threshold, the charging circuit will again activate and take it back up to 100%. Depending on when you take it off the charger, you may see it only in the high 90's.
    I take my phone off the charger when it reads 100% and it immediately reads 98%. Then I put it back onto charge and wait for it to go to 100% and as soon as it becomes 100% I take it off the charger and it says 98%
    08-22-2015 11:57 PM
    Would you rather it lie?
    Was there seriously a need for sarcasm?
    08-22-2015 11:58 PM
    I would definitely go with the S6 again. I needed a phone and it suited my needs. I as actually holding out for something that had a replaceable battery but other than that, it's a pretty nice device. It's crisp, the battery last me all day with regular use. I'm not streaming anything or constantly doing on FB. I read the news and read emails and texts as I get them. I ruled out the Note and G4 because they're just to big.
    08-23-2015 12:20 AM
    I've just swapped from Apple to the S6. Totally frustrated by the S6. I really wanted a bigger screen though.

I'm still getting used to it but at the moment it's all I can do to prevent myself from binning it or throwing it against a wall.

I just dloaded a ringtone, where the hell is it, why cant it just drop into the right place???
    08-23-2015 03:30 AM
    I love my GS6 and have never had any issues out of it. If it was still the new phone out, I'd buy it again. However, this day on time, I'd probably grab the Note 5 just because it's newer and has little better specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 05:10 AM
    I take my phone off the charger when it reads 100% and it immediately reads 98%. Then I put it back onto charge and wait for it to go to 100% and as soon as it becomes 100% I take it off the charger and it says 98%
    That would seem to indicate a less-than-perfect battery, or a marginal component in the Delta-V charging/monitoring circuit. Up to you at what point it is problematic, but at 98% I wouldn't be overly concerned. If it deteriorates further then likely the battery.
    08-23-2015 08:12 AM
    I've just swapped from Apple to the S6. Totally frustrated by the S6. I really wanted a bigger screen though.

I'm still getting used to it but at the moment it's all I can do to prevent myself from binning it or throwing it against a wall.

I just dloaded a ringtone, where the hell is it, why cant it just drop into the right place???
    Well, yeah, coming from an iPhone where they protect you from yourself, therefore limiting what you can do, Android can be a challenge. I've been into electronics and gadgets for 50+ years, so people ask my advice on things such as "Iphone or Android?". I in turn ask them whether when their PC gets messed up and needs reloading, do they dive in and fix it themselves, or do they ask for help. The ask for help folks should go with Iphone, because they don't care about the underlying technology - they just want it to work - and it usually does. The folks that are willing to jump right in and work a technical issue will tolerate the need to tinker with Android to get it to do what you want. Android has improved a lot as far as the "just works" experience, but still at times you have to poke around a bit to figure things out, but you can do more with it. Android also has the annoying issue of multiple versions in the field, many different devices, more hands in it, and the result is a bit less consistency. There are of course exceptions to the Iphone vs Android types, I know technical folks that go with the Iphone for the Itunes or because that's what their family rocks.
    chezm and dc52ltr like this.
    08-23-2015 08:26 AM
    Yesterday, took mine off at 100%, two hours later still reads 100%. I am sure that there was some drop but less than 0.5% so it still shows 100%.
    08-23-2015 08:34 AM
    That would seem to indicate a less-than-perfect battery, or a marginal component in the Delta-V charging/monitoring circuit. Up to you at what point it is problematic, but at 98% I wouldn't be overly concerned. If it deteriorates further then likely the battery.
    It's confusing in itself that gsam says there's 19 minutes until the battery is fully charged and the phone says 47 minutes. Like wtf...
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S6 - Would you buy again?-1440338403367.jpg  
    08-23-2015 09:00 AM
    If I take my phone off the charger AS soon AS it hits 100%, I'll likely see it drop to 99%. If I leave it over night charging wired and pull it off charger in morning it can go hours on standby without dropping past 100%, or I need to use it for 10-15 mins before it drops.

08-23-2015 09:01 AM
    I'd probably buy another S5 for a lower price. Batt, SD, water/sand resistance, USB 3 and Kies rather than that reduced feature Smart Switch thing. I'd even consider a Xiaomi Note 4 Pro.
    08-23-2015 12:42 PM
    No.

08-23-2015 04:48 PM
    I would be more inclined to buy another Galaxy S6 if it had a micro SD and a metal back. Not saying I was upset by the glass back in anyway, but I do find it to be a fingerprint magnet. That being said, I'm loving mine and will have had a happy experience with it by two years from now.
    08-23-2015 09:30 PM
    What attracted me to the S6 was the fingerprint reader.
    Glad that it does work as a well as I was hoping.
    However the rest of the phone leaves a lot to be desired compared to my HTC 1m8:

1.) Bluetooth Streaming does not auto-play in the car (only like 1 in 10 times)
    2.) Battery life is sh*t. HTC 1m8 would get to the end of the day with 25-30% left and no charging throughout the day. S6 gets to like 5% by evening without a top up charge in the car. With a top up it still ends up on 15-20% tops.
    3.) No SD card slot is a bummer
    4.) Samsungs old tricks with stuff like MHL. Remember these from my S3 days. Cant they just use the standard? Still not clear if the S6 supports MHL. Dont fancy buying an MHL 3.0 adapter to find out. (Whats with no backwards compatibility? Sure support 3.0 for 4k, but also support 1.0 & 2.0 cables FFS)
    08-24-2015 04:03 AM
    Probably not. Not happy with the undersized battery that cannot be replaced with an extended battery. Not happy with the loss of water resistance that the S5 had.
    08-24-2015 05:07 PM
    Yes I would...no problems with the phone at all...battery life isn`t the best but the 5.1.1 update has improved it for me without a doubt..I also have a Note 3 and am still happy with it too... even though I`m due a phone upgrade I`m sticking with what I`ve got.
    08-24-2015 07:18 PM
    I probably would, it would either be the S6 or G4, in fact it WAS when I was choosing what to upgrade to from my G3. I'm by no means impressed with the battery life on my S6, but it just does a lot more than LG phones do, and that's disappointing that it runs out so quickly. I'm fine with non expandable 64GB and a non removable battery, since it does charge super quick, but it also drains super quick. Despite the G4 having 3000mAh I've heard it gets the same SoT as I do with my S6, so you can't really get a new high end flagship AND good battery life at the same time, which is sad.
    For those that don't know, the G4's front camera I'm pretty sure can't record QHD, S6's can. Also, with regards to multi window, there's a hell of a lot more you can do on a Samsung than on an LG. I'm happy with Samsung as long as they do something about the battery life. I'll just wait a couple of months for the price to drop down.
    08-24-2015 08:53 PM
    Yes.
    08-24-2015 09:15 PM
    No way, as soon as the iPhone 6s is out goodbye S6. I traded in my 6 wanting to try the S6 and I think its a good phone but not quite there yet. I will admit I like the simpleness of the iPhone. I am not against tech and have been in IT 10 years but I just do not see the android love affair. Why it is not for everyone.

My top 3 issues
    1. The fingerprint scanner is so so
    2. Battery sucks
    3. Slow and lag

My top 3 i like
    1. Screen quality
    2. Wireless charging
    3. Have not found it yet
    08-25-2015 03:11 PM
64 123