Galaxy S6 - Would you buy again?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
That is for you to call. As I have said in the past to you -- you have to choose the device that works for you. When choosing a phone I simply weigh what each one has and go with the best options. Would I like the best from both worlds? Of course.. who wouldn't? Sadly we can't have it all so you have to just choose the one that fits your needs best.

I love everything except the battery life. I guess quick charge helps, but I'd like to see Samsung fix it if it can be fixed

Posted via the Android Central App

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
While I like it fine, if mine broke today and I had the opportunity to choose any replacement I'd go with the Note 5. Larger battery, larger screen, more RAM, etc. I tend to be brand loyal so they have to try real hard to lose me. My first two Androids were the Droid 1 and the Bionic. The phones were OK, but updates took forever to come out so I jumped to Samsung.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The three things that frustrate me about the S6 is

1. Phone reception
2. Battery life
3. RAM management

Either way, I like my S6 too much only other phone that could have been better would be the Note 5.

dreaming of electric sheep

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I love everything except the battery life. I guess quick charge helps, but I'd like to see Samsung fix it if it can be fixed

Sounds like the edge+ or note 5 are better suited since they're getting great feedback from battery standpoint.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It has worked just fine for me. If I had it to do all over again, knowing what I know now, I would still buy the GS6. It suits my needs and does everything I want and more.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If I knew what I know now. I would not buy it. I would wait till the new Nexus or bought an unlocked phone. Too much jank and bad body life

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
What annoys me about the S6 is the very second I take it off the charger it reads 98%. I almost never have the phone read 100%

Do you remove it from the charger as soon as it signals that charging completed? If so, then it should be at 100%. If not - for instance if you leave it on the charger overnight and it completes in the middle of the night hours before you unplug it - then it is behaving as it should. When the charging circuit detects a battery voltage that indicates full charge, it stops charging and the things you have running on your phone start running the battery down. If it drops below some threshold, the charging circuit will again activate and take it back up to 100%. Depending on when you take it off the charger, you may see it only in the high 90's.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been extremely happy with my S6, it's quite fast and has a fantastic display & camera. My only complaints have been carrier app modifications/deletion and having to manage their bloatware (but otherwise I've been quite pleased with AT&T's coverage and customer service).

Knowing what I do now, if it were launch day I would buy the S6 all over again. If I had waited until now to make a purchase I'd be tempted by the Note 5 for the larger screen.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Do you remove it from the charger as soon as it signals that charging completed? If so, then it should be at 100%. If not - for instance if you leave it on the charger overnight and it completes in the middle of the night hours before you unplug it - then it is behaving as it should. When the charging circuit detects a battery voltage that indicates full charge, it stops charging and the things you have running on your phone start running the battery down. If it drops below some threshold, the charging circuit will again activate and take it back up to 100%. Depending on when you take it off the charger, you may see it only in the high 90's.

I take my phone off the charger when it reads 100% and it immediately reads 98%. Then I put it back onto charge and wait for it to go to 100% and as soon as it becomes 100% I take it off the charger and it says 98%

molgen

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely go with the S6 again. I needed a phone and it suited my needs. I as actually holding out for something that had a replaceable battery but other than that, it's a pretty nice device. It's crisp, the battery last me all day with regular use. I'm not streaming anything or constantly doing on FB. I read the news and read emails and texts as I get them. I ruled out the Note and G4 because they're just to big.

Red_Kelt

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I've just swapped from Apple to the S6. Totally frustrated by the S6. I really wanted a bigger screen though.

I'm still getting used to it but at the moment it's all I can do to prevent myself from binning it or throwing it against a wall.

I just dloaded a ringtone, where the hell is it, why cant it just drop into the right place???

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I love my GS6 and have never had any issues out of it. If it was still the new phone out, I'd buy it again. However, this day on time, I'd probably grab the Note 5 just because it's newer and has little better specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I take my phone off the charger when it reads 100% and it immediately reads 98%. Then I put it back onto charge and wait for it to go to 100% and as soon as it becomes 100% I take it off the charger and it says 98%

That would seem to indicate a less-than-perfect battery, or a marginal component in the Delta-V charging/monitoring circuit. Up to you at what point it is problematic, but at 98% I wouldn't be overly concerned. If it deteriorates further then likely the battery.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I've just swapped from Apple to the S6. Totally frustrated by the S6. I really wanted a bigger screen though.

I'm still getting used to it but at the moment it's all I can do to prevent myself from binning it or throwing it against a wall.

I just dloaded a ringtone, where the hell is it, why cant it just drop into the right place???

Well, yeah, coming from an iPhone where they protect you from yourself, therefore limiting what you can do, Android can be a challenge. I've been into electronics and gadgets for 50+ years, so people ask my advice on things such as "Iphone or Android?". I in turn ask them whether when their PC gets messed up and needs reloading, do they dive in and fix it themselves, or do they ask for help. The ask for help folks should go with Iphone, because they don't care about the underlying technology - they just want it to work - and it usually does. The folks that are willing to jump right in and work a technical issue will tolerate the need to tinker with Android to get it to do what you want. Android has improved a lot as far as the "just works" experience, but still at times you have to poke around a bit to figure things out, but you can do more with it. Android also has the annoying issue of multiple versions in the field, many different devices, more hands in it, and the result is a bit less consistency. There are of course exceptions to the Iphone vs Android types, I know technical folks that go with the Iphone for the Itunes or because that's what their family rocks.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What annoys me about the S6 is the very second I take it off the charger it reads 98%. I almost never have the phone read 100%
Yesterday, took mine off at 100%, two hours later still reads 100%. I am sure that there was some drop but less than 0.5% so it still shows 100%.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
That would seem to indicate a less-than-perfect battery, or a marginal component in the Delta-V charging/monitoring circuit. Up to you at what point it is problematic, but at 98% I wouldn't be overly concerned. If it deteriorates further then likely the battery.

It's confusing in itself that gsam says there's 19 minutes until the battery is fully charged and the phone says 47 minutes. Like wtf...

Attachments

• 1440338403367.jpg
    1440338403367.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 44