09-28-2015 02:27 PM
64 123
tools
    I'm curious to hear from those who own the phone if they are happy and would buy the device again. Me personally I don't know. I may have went with the g4 if I knew how bad the battery life and reception on this phone was, but I'm stuck with it now. Maybe I'll get used to it, I don't know. But I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2015 01:54 AM
    I personally would never buy any phone 2x -- that is just me. I just can't spend money on a phone that I already spent money on to buy.

That said I didn't mind my S6. I only went to the G4 out of curiosity. I didn't hate my S6 or anything like that.
    08-22-2015 02:08 AM
    This is most likely my last Samsung phone.
    08-22-2015 06:54 AM
    Went from moto x first gen to s6. Most likely going back to moto at some point.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 07:30 AM
    Had to send my S6 in recently for repair and use my spare G3. Based on that experience while its a very good phone, I have grown to love the design and functionality of the S6. If hypothetically my S6 disappeared and I needed a new phone, it would definitely be on my list although I am curious to see the moto play.

08-22-2015 07:33 AM
    I personally would never buy any phone 2x -- that is just me. I just can't spend money on a phone that I already spent money on to buy.

That said I didn't mind my S6. I only went to the G4 out of curiosity. I didn't hate my S6 or anything like that.
    I went back to the s6 because I didn't really like the size of the g4 that much. I mean, thinking back on it maybe I liked it more than the s6 on the whole. Guess I made a mistake. Unfortunately I doubt I can do another return.

08-22-2015 08:36 AM
    Yes I would. I love everything about the phone!

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams.
    08-22-2015 09:49 AM
    Yes I would. Better than any other phone I have used. The size is perfect for me and it runs smooth as a butter knife going through melted butter. I have absolutely ZERO lag.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Otterbox Symmetry - Black
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    jbl123 likes this.
    08-22-2015 09:58 AM
    I'm probably going to give this phone a week and see if the battery stabilizes. Like I said, like everything else about it.

08-22-2015 10:25 AM
    Although I love the S6 as it has been working perfectly, I agree with the above quote. To put out the same $$$ I'd rather try something different.
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-22-2015 10:32 AM
    I think I'm tired of the brand.... I just want something different.

08-22-2015 10:45 AM
    Although I love the S6 as it has been working perfectly, I agree with the above quote. To put out the same $$$ I'd rather try something different.
    Not much I can do about it now

08-22-2015 11:36 AM
    Yes, I would purchase the Samsung S6 again. I've had no issues with it, and I think it's still the best Android phone in the market.
    08-22-2015 11:44 AM
    I would not if I could do it again for 2 reasons.
    1. I have to charge it a couple of times throughout the day. If your a power user you will need to charge it by 2/3 pm...and keep a cord in the car.
    2. This one is personal but I prefer a 5.5 screen or greater.

I am considering the note 5 based on reviews from those switching from the s6. Most are claiming they make it through the day (like Phil).

08-22-2015 11:58 AM
    I guess I'm on the 6 week "wait and see" plan. Sent my <2 month old phone in for repair yesterday due to some pretty significant coverage issues. If it comes back and works, then absolutely, I'd buy again. I really liked my S4 and to me the S6 seems like a faster version. If it comes back and has the same issues, then I'd have to assume that the reception issues relate to a poor antenna/design. Would probably be enough for me to not consider Samsung again.
    08-22-2015 12:59 PM
    I would. Though if I had to get it replaced I would go with a note 5

08-22-2015 01:11 PM
    Did I make a bad choice getting the s6 though. Guess it dosent matter since I can't return it

08-22-2015 01:24 PM
    Did I make a bad choice getting the s6 though. Guess it dosent matter since I can't return it

If I were looking to upgrade, I would choose the GS6. Had mine since launch day in the US. It is just as smooth and fast as the day I got it.
    08-22-2015 02:12 PM

That is for you to call. As I have said in the past to you -- you have to choose the device that works for you. When choosing a phone I simply weigh what each one has and go with the best options. Would I like the best from both worlds? Of course.. who wouldn't? Sadly we can't have it all so you have to just choose the one that fits your needs best.
    08-22-2015 02:23 PM

Only you can decide that.

The s6 is a great device.

08-22-2015 02:44 PM
    That is for you to call. As I have said in the past to you -- you have to choose the device that works for you. When choosing a phone I simply weigh what each one has and go with the best options. Would I like the best from both worlds? Of course.. who wouldn't? Sadly we can't have it all so you have to just choose the one that fits your needs best.
    I love everything except the battery life. I guess quick charge helps, but I'd like to see Samsung fix it if it can be fixed

co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-22-2015 02:46 PM
    While I like it fine, if mine broke today and I had the opportunity to choose any replacement I'd go with the Note 5. Larger battery, larger screen, more RAM, etc. I tend to be brand loyal so they have to try real hard to lose me. My first two Androids were the Droid 1 and the Bionic. The phones were OK, but updates took forever to come out so I jumped to Samsung.
    08-22-2015 04:09 PM
    The three things that frustrate me about the S6 is

1. Phone reception
    2. Battery life
    3. RAM management

Either way, I like my S6 too much only other phone that could have been better would be the Note 5.

dreaming of electric sheep
    acles003 likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:53 PM
    I love everything except the battery life. I guess quick charge helps, but I'd like to see Samsung fix it if it can be fixed

Sounds like the edge+ or note 5 are better suited since they're getting great feedback from battery standpoint.

08-22-2015 06:00 PM
    It has worked just fine for me. If I had it to do all over again, knowing what I know now, I would still buy the GS6. It suits my needs and does everything I want and more.
    08-22-2015 06:16 PM
64 123