I have an Issue with TuneIn Radio Widget on my S6, wondering if anybody has a solution.

I am using the 3x1 widget which has controls for Play/Pause. However this widget just does not work unless you already had TuneIn App open.
    If I just try and hit the "play" button, it does nothing.

The Google Play music widget works as expected. Even when GPM is not running, you hit play and it starts playing.

Anybody else have this issue or have an alternative Widget that works? I dont want to have to lauch the full app if I can avoid it.
    08-25-2015 04:22 AM
    I have an Issue with TuneIn Radio Widget on my S6, wondering if anybody has a solution.

I am using the 3x1 widget which has controls for Play/Pause. However this widget just does not work unless you already had TuneIn App open.
    If I just try and hit the "play" button, it does nothing.

The Google Play music widget works as expected. Even when GPM is not running, you hit play and it starts playing.

Anybody else have this issue or have an alternative Widget that works? I dont want to have to lauch the full app if I can avoid it.
    I don't think is an issue with the widget is just designed to work that way. Since it's a radio app it just doesn't start of where you left of when you just listened to whichever radio station you were listening too. I tried it myself is the same way, the difference between the TuneIn app and the GPM app is that TuneIn is radio so you can't started where you left it and GPM is more like a music player it'll start playing the last song you listened too or where you left it the last time you used it. If you try to use the Pandora widget it'll be the exact same thing it won't let you use the widget until you start out the app. Is as if they want you to choose the radio station you want to listen too first, I'm not sure if you listen to the same radio station all the time, but again is just the way the app works.
    08-25-2015 05:52 AM
    Thanks.

The weird thing is the app has an option that once you open it, it will launch the last played station. So I was hoping the widget would do the same.
    It almost seems like the widget is inactive when TuneIn is not running. (None of the buttons even animate to show you press them)

Guess ill ditch the widget and go back to using a shortcut to the app.
    08-25-2015 08:08 AM
    Yeah I know. It might be a way to keep the app from running in the background and consuming data maybe since it is Internet radio.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    08-25-2015 08:55 AM