Samsung Galaxy S6: Help needed to make calls using WiFi, please. I have a new Galaxy S6, using it with MetroPCS service that works over the T-Mobile network. I took my GS6 to Canada and connected to a motel wifi. I was able to get/send e-mails, use Facebook, etc. - but when I tried to make a phone call it would not work....kept telling me I did not have an account there. I could not figure out how to direct it to make the call over the wifi network....no switch showed up to let me try that option. (My son's iPhone 6 has a switch letting him select how the call is made...over the cell tower or by WiFi). How do I get that capability to work, or does this phone not have that feature???? Thanks in advance for the help.....wcourter GOT ANSWER LATER: BECAUSE I HAD NOT ASKED FOR THIS CAPABILITY, THEY HAD NOT TURNED IT ON FOR ME !!!! (Now why do you suppose MetroPCS would think I did not want something my phone would let me do....?????)
    08-25-2015 03:58 PM
    You gotta have Wifi Calling on your phone. Unless Metro PCs supports Wifi-Calling you won't be able to make calls using Wifi. I think the iPhone has it automatically it was added through an iOS update.
    08-25-2015 04:03 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S6: Help needed to make calls using WiFi, please. I have a new Galaxy S6, using it with MetroPCS service that works over the T-Mobile network. I took my GS6 to Canada and connected to a motel wifi. I was able to get/send e-mails, use Facebook, etc. - but when I tried to make a phone call it would not work....kept telling me I did not have an account there. I could not figure out how to direct it to make the call over the wifi network....no switch showed up to let me try that option. (My son's iPhone 6 has a switch letting him select how the call is made...over the cell tower or by WiFi). How do I get that capability to work, or does this phone not have that feature???? Thanks in advance for the help.....wcourter
    Go to Settings and under connections you should have an option that says Wifi calling, if you do that's how you enable it, if you don't then MetroPCs hasn't pushed the update for you to be able to use Wifi calling.
    08-25-2015 04:09 PM