How do I get sound through earbuds, they are plugged in, but external sound does not mute?

A

AC Question

How do I get sound thru earbuds, they are plugged in, but external sound does not mute

I plugged my earbuds into my s6. The external sound did not mute, and the no sound came thru the earbuds. What's up. Note: I changed out earbuds, just in case, the first pair were bad.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I get sound thru earbuds, they are plugged in, but external sound does not mute

Sounds silly but are you fully pushing the ear buds jack into the phone? if the sound is still playing through the phone it means that the ear buds aren't properly connecting - could be a fault with the phone if you've tried a few different pairs.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I get sound thru earbuds, they are plugged in, but external sound does not mute

Sounds like they're not fully seated.
Some cases will prevent some plugs from seating fully.
If something on the outside isn't causing the plug from seating in the jack, then it must be something internally. Perhaps some pocket lint has gotten trapped inside the jack. Try shaking or blowing out any debris that may be in there.