I don't want to constantly think about backing up my S6 manually via Smart Switch. So what exactly does automatic backup option - the "Back up my data" option under "Google account" in the "backup and reset" section in settings backs up (does it back up all contacts, pictures that are on the device, music that's on the device and so on)?
    And what does the "Back up my data" option under "Samsung account" back up that the Google back up doesn't, and is it also auto back up like the Google option, or is it manual like the Smart Switch back up?
    Bottom line – what do I need to do on the device so it gets automatically backed up without me having to perform manual backups?

Also, if the default auto back (auto sync) methods don't backup photos automatically, should I activate the auto back up of the camera roll? And if so - which is better on android – the auto back to OneDrive or the auto back up to Google Photos?

Thanks
    08-27-2015 05:16 PM
    There really is no super-simple way to do backups. To do good backups it's necessary to put in some effort. Most stuff can be automated but not quite everything.

Please read this, it covers doing backups fairly thoughly:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4460745

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    08-27-2015 05:34 PM
    So as I understand my photos that I take with the device aren't automatically backed by the automatic services - I have to turn on the "Camera" back up - either via OneDrive or via Google Photos?
    Also - what's the difference between Settings->Accounts->Google which sync all sorts of data, including "app data", and between Settings->Backup and Reset->Google Account, which also says that it backs up app data?
    08-27-2015 06:05 PM
    So as I understand my photos that I take with the device aren't automatically backed by the automatic services - I have to turn on the "Camera" back up - either via OneDrive or via Google Photos?
    Correct, you do need to.

Also - what's the difference between Settings->Accounts->Google which sync all sorts of data, including "app data", and between Settings->Backup and Reset->Google Account, which also says that it backs up app data?
    The first is sync settings for a bunch of stuff, should be self-explanitory.
    The second backs up some system settings, wifi settings, etc.
    08-28-2015 08:50 AM