If have moved from bbz10, to Samsung s6, I'm trying to find out what the best email app is to handle 21 email accounts from Hotmail and Gmail, the app I have doesn't keep emails up to date enough, I find myself triggering the sync manually and still waiting while it tries to sync, sometimes I have to go back to it 10 mins later to sync again as didn't work. I have thousands of emails on each account but only need last 1 months worth which average about 7000 emails overall. Prefer a master email where all emails show in one box as well As individual boxes, like search feature and prefer if I can bulk mark as read but not essential. Obviously I don't want nothing that will drain my data and battery in a couple of hours, any help appreciated, thanks
    08-29-2015 07:01 AM
    That's some heavy demands. For combining all your email take a good look at AquaMail. IMHO it's the best all-around email client available, really one of the best apps of any kind available for Android. Very fast, stable and is *highly* configurable and customizable. A LOT of options. A switchable Gmail-type conversation view will be added very soon.

From your description of your requested features I think you will find this one particularly useful: Instead of an ordinary combined inbox, AquaMail has what it calls a Smart Folder. Think of it as kind of a configurable combined Inbox. From the AquaMail FAQs:

"What is the Smart Folder? The Smart Folder shows messages that are unread, or which, over a selectable time period:
    1) were received by the application;
    2) were sent (this is the date/time in the header);
    3) were read, including read in other apps (for IMAP).

You can include or exclude starred messages in this list, please see app settings under Smart Folder.

In other words, this is the list of messages that might require attention, or that you might need to come back to.
    This folder is enabled by default, but can be disabled in the app’s settings."

You can include or exclude folders in the Smart folder, from each account. For example, you may want Account A to show only its Inbox in the Smart folder, but for Accounts B & C to show Inbox, High priority and Sent folders in the Smart folder. You can do that.

You can also have a unified Drafts folder.

AquaMail supports IMAP, POP3, Exchange, including calendars and contacts. Excellent support by built-in Help, an active users forum with lots of interaction from the developer, or by email. Just a terrific all-around email client, my favorite by far.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with AquaMail in any way, just a very satisfied and impressed user.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    08-29-2015 10:07 AM