Widget for clock and weather disappeared from home page; how to get it back?

gramdragon

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
The clock and weather widget disappeared from the home screen. I tried downloading another one from the playstore, but it won't appear on the homescreen. The icon for it is there, but not the actual clock and weather. How can I get back the original, installed widget? Thanks for any help. I am a Samsung newbie and tech deficient grandmother. Please consider this when replying. I need lots of step-by-step guidance.

Last edited:

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
if you are on Android 6 you can't have that on the lock screen. one option is to install Good Lock from Samsung app store and that will allow you to show widgets on lock screen.

Baalmann

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I deleted the app not realizing it would remove the widget. I installed ap but the widget didn't show up. Any way to get the widget back?

Mohammed632

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I think the weather app.is Disabled.

So following this:

Sittings>general>application Manager
You well see many sections, sliding to the laste one (Disabled),
if you find it there open it and click on Enable.

Rachel Ellis1

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

Ant8888

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
My actual widget or app has disappeared. Is there a built in Samsung app for clock and weather?
I've looked a few times. Think I'm going crazy. Happened before and I fixed. This time phone hung and I rebooted it.

John Bordner

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
The clock and weather widget disappeared from the home screen. I tried downloading another one from the playstore, but it won't appear on the homescreen. The icon for it is there, but not the actual clock and weather. How can I get back the original, installed widget? Thanks for any help. I am a Samsung newbie and tech deficient grandmother. Please consider this when replying. I need lots of step-by-step guidance.

I have the same thing happened on my phone. How do I get them back

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
on my S4
when I open my widget list there is no longer a widget for alarm clock. I can add an "alarm" widget to the home page. When I open this all my previous alarms are listed. Can't find the default widget online.

Linda G2

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
There's more to this problem than just a disappearing widget. No matter how many times I add the clock/weather widget back to the screen, it disappears again. When I go to add it back, a number of odd behaviors are observed.
1. The case of the disappearing off into the nonexistent zone.`
This happens when I select a new screen and tap the widget.
You see the widget appear to launch off the widget list to the screen but it doesn't land on the screen, it appears to land outside of the top of the screen and if there was more space on the screen, I'd scroll up and expect to see it. This is very odd and you'd have to see me do it to believe it.
2. The case of "not enough room"
This happens after the phantom add described in step 1. I attempt to add the same widget or a different time widget to the same "apparently" empty screen and I get a not enough room error.

Something is hiding on my screen and taking up space. If I press in the same 'apparently" blank screen, I get a design frame object (it's a green, square outline with a diamond on each edge to grab and expand the frame.
If I let go, the frame is no longer visible. However, I long press the "apparently" blank screen and move my finger to the top of the screen where I can dump this frame into the trash can (even though I can't see the frame).

Developer mode is not enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol