So since joining AC I have seen many posts about the Galaxy S6 battery life. I've done very little to control my battery life but I did download battery doctor and it seems to help. I'm curious what you have done to see if I can get even longer battery life! Here is my stats:

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Bodyguardz Tempered Glass
    08-30-2015 05:13 PM
    08-30-2015 07:48 PM
    ...I did download battery doctor...
    The overwhelming majority of "battery saver" apps are generally useless if not detrimental to your device -- but that one I would uninstall immediately. (See previous thread on the company.)
    08-31-2015 03:38 AM
    I followed a few steps in this link, but at the end of the day, I want to use this phone as it's capable of. I don't know how everyone gets by turning everything off, having screen brightness all the way down, etc. This is a GS6, not a flip phone
    JoshDunc likes this.
    08-31-2015 02:16 PM
    I followed a few steps in this link, but at the end of the day, I want to use this phone as it's capable of. I don't know how everyone gets by turning everything off, having screen brightness all the way down, etc. This is a GS6, not a flip phone
    Amen. I used JuiceDefender on my S4 but finally realized that to save power I was putting up with missed messages, hangs, frequent reboots, etc - essentially rendering the phone useless for my purposes. Now I keep wireless chargers in several locations and touch up the charge several times a day, while getting full functionality out of the phone (now S6).
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-31-2015 10:19 PM
    So last week I was on vacation. Turned off cell signal. Left wifi on since I'd purchased the plan for the week with the cruise ship I was on. My battery life was pretty poor.

What have you done to preserve Galaxy S6 battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1441086403454.jpg

For some reason, I didn't screenshots the screen on time, but I remember it being 1 hr 4 mins. I'm home this week. First full day I get this:

What have you done to preserve Galaxy S6 battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1441086465401.jpg

What have you done to preserve Galaxy S6 battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1441086482618.jpg

Pretty mind blown and unsure of what changed outside of my cell signal being back on.
    09-01-2015 12:48 AM
    Some WiFi networks are configured in such a way to ensure maximum security and thus result in excessive battery drain. The WiFi network at my university destroys my S6 while the one at home barely sips on battery.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 12:54 AM
    I love how people automatically say following Erasats tips "cripples" the phone. It's absolute nonsense. It's just turning off features that you don't need to use 24/7 that is wasting battery that you could be using for something else
    09-01-2015 02:54 AM
    Amen. I used JuiceDefender on my S4 but finally realized that to save power I was putting up with missed messages, hangs, frequent reboots, etc - essentially rendering the phone useless for my purposes. Now I keep wireless chargers in several locations and touch up the charge several times a day, while getting full functionality out of the phone (now S6).
    Exactly, that's the difference that by doing some tweaks I'm not missing anything on my phone, everything is working as expected, I don't have bloatware or services and apps that I'll never, ever use, that's all, ahh, and my brightness is at the level I want and tolerate, no need to have it full throttle just because it can be that way.

If people still don't understand that Android is not iPhone and what iPhone does by default on closing most apps and services when the screen is off and not allowing unnecessary apps and services running all the time, Android need the user's "help" and some tweaks to achieve the same because it comes with everything on from factory, then nothing else need to be explained.
    09-01-2015 04:53 AM
    I'm unlocked and not on a US carrier and I couldn't be happier with battery life on the GS6. I turn a couple of things of, like NFC, the ambient light sensor and gesture options and don't subscribe to FB but really, that's about it.

For comparison: What I do notice that is different from the IP6, is that the GS6 battery percentage indicator drops quickly to 80% but hangs in that zone for hours. Whereas the IP6 battery percentage indicator drops incrementally slower, but at the end of a business day for me, which is about 10-12 hours both devices end up at approximately between 50-70 % remaining.

Not knowing where everybody is checking in from, I see almost a complete polar opposite in battery complaints versus battery joy when it comes to these devices. So why is that?

I'm left wondering if it's the US carriers pre installed software and/or home networks or carrier network configuration that's causing battery havoc with devices?

Just spitballing here....
    09-01-2015 05:11 AM
    Some WiFi networks are configured in such a way to ensure maximum security and thus result in excessive battery drain. The WiFi network at my university destroys my S6 while the one at home barely sips on battery.

Interesting. Do you know what specifically is configured on some networks that causes additional draw on phones?
    09-01-2015 06:21 AM
    I love how people automatically say following Erasats tips "cripples" the phone. It's absolute nonsense. It's just turning off features that you don't need to use 24/7 that is wasting battery that you could be using for something else
    Totally agree mate. I had a quick gander at the post when I got the phone, disabled a couple of sync settings and I've never looked back. I don't need any of them syncing tbh, until the time comes that I swap out the phone I'll leave the majority of them disabled.
    09-01-2015 07:06 AM
    Interesting. Do you know what specifically is configured on some networks that causes additional draw on phones?
    I am not exactly sure what protocols are implemented on these specific WiFi networks. My school for example has a user login on the WiFi network which upon entry then downloads security credentials and enables them on your device. I'm assuming they utilize some form of encryption and that combined with the vast amount of people on the network at a given time leads to the excessive drain.

My home network is simply configured as a WPA2 secure network and it gives me vastly better battrry life both in standby and in active use. For example if I'm at school and connected to the network, after about 6 hours of standby, my battery will be at 40-60% and that's with only roughly 45 minutes of screen on time. In contrast, if I leave my phone on standby connected to my home network I only get roughly 2% drain in a 6 hour period and can get close to 6 hours of screen on time on a charge.

At first I assumed that cell signal may be worse up at school and thus caused the excessive drain so I tested multiple days with Airplane mode enabled thus isolating cell signal from the mix. The drain still persisted and confirmed my suspicions regarding the WiFi Network setup.

09-01-2015 12:50 PM