I am facing a bit of an irritating problem on my samsung galaxy s6. When I go to phone -> 1-9 keyboard and use it for the letters (2=a,b,c; 3=d,e,f, etc.), I can easily find the number I need. The problem is that for most of my contacts, when I click them, a second window pops up, asking me exactly which number for this contact I'd like to dial. Now.... I don't have a second number for any of my contacts. When I go and check them in the contacts menu, they only show one mobile number per contact. When the window thingy pops up, it always shows multiple options of the same exact number, or maybe the same number with some spacings added / removed between the digits. In the following link you can find a screenshot that I took, where I have a choice between three same numbers: h t t p ://i.imgur.com/qBrG9iL.png?1

I am 99% sure that the problem is because of google contacts, viber, whatsapp, etc., but do not know how to fix it without removing the contact from the app.
    09-02-2015 09:29 AM
    I've seen the exact same issue on my phone ... And I also think it has something to do with Google Contacts, and more specifically the "connect via" function. When I go online to GMAIL and look at my Contacts, there is only 1 of every contact name, with the embedded multiple numbers (e.g., Mobile, Work, etc)... On my S6, when I go to Contacts, I see upwards of 4 Contacts with the same name. And each contain slightly different info ("connected via" seems to be the culprit). Wish I could figure out a way to remove the duplicates.
    09-02-2015 10:32 AM